Allen and I are back once again to talk about the Atlanta Falcons, reviewing their Week Seven win over the Tennessee Titans and previewing their upcoming matchup against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Helping us out this week are The Falcoholic’s DW and Gene Thomas of the Buc What You Heard podcast.
This week with DW we debate and discuss multiple topics including:
- Whether the Falcons’ performance against the Saints or Titans was worse
- What is the deal with Kyle Shanahan’s play-calling?
- What is going on with Matt Ryan and does he trust his receivers?
- Leonard Hankerson might be underrated
- Is Jalen Collins’ role set to expand in the future?
- Is it time to start comparing Matt Bryant’s struggles to Jason Elam’s decline?
- Joe Hawley’s flops
- “Scrappiness” of Nick Williams
Gene joins the show (around the 47-minute mark) to talk mostly about the Bucs and their inconsistencies, the holes in their secondary, what prompted their disheartening loss against the Washington Redskins last week, Gerald McCoy’s status and whether Doug Martin and Jameis Winston are prepared to take more on their plates.
Allen and I finish off the episode talking about the Falcons pass rush and whether hits, pressures and sacks are an effective measuring stick of its quality and Julio Jones’ improving health.
Duration: 1 hour, 31 minutes
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to rate us there! For Android users, DoubleTwist is a good app to listen as well. You can also subscribe directly to our feed at the following URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/falcfans/LXSt
— Aaron Freeman (@falcfans) October 26, 2015