Allen and I are back to dive deeper into the Atlanta Falcons minicamp and OTAs with The Falcholic’s Jeanna Thomas, who actually knows what she’s talking about (as opposed to us). We hit the following topics among many others during the course of our conversation:
- (2:26) Jeanna talks about the improvements and differences made for this year’s offseason workouts versus last year’s.
- (3:42) The fluidity of the depth chart and whether rookies like Deion Jones and De’Vondre Campbell have legitimate chances to start this year.
- (8:45) Brooks Reed’s transition to defensive end and if he will be tasked with replacing the great Kroy Biermann. Jeanna also gives her insights into what the makeup of the team’s defensive line rotation will be for the base defense.
- (16:15) Jeanna talks about the mysteries of Chris Chester’s age and whether he’s on the bubble entering training camp.
- (22:15) Austin Hooper’s value and Levine Toilolo’s potential impact as a red-zone threat.
- (25:55) The competition at nickel cornerback, including some discussion of a sleeper in C.J. Goodwin.
- (31:15) Jeanna wonders if kicker Matt Bryant might also be in for a tough competition with undrafted rookie Nick Rose as well as the significant roster turnover that has already and still might occur on special teams.
- (35:45) Safety depth and whether Charles Godfrey and Robenson Therezie can handle things there.
Jeanna checks out at 42:25-mark and Allen and I then end the show by wondering why our listeners are so eager to replace Allen as the co-host.
Duration: 50 minutes
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to rate us there! For Android users, we are now on Google Play is a good app to listen as well. We are also on TuneIn Radio! You can also subscribe directly to our feed at the following URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/falcfans/LXSt