Allen and I are back to preview the 2016 Atlanta Falcons training camp story lines with Dave Choate of The Falcoholic. Among several other things, we discuss the following topics:
- (3:35) Dave tries to help us wrap our minds around the camp battles at linebacker while Allen tries to understand the Tyler Starr love fest.
- (7:50) Will a possible youth movement across the roster potentially hurt the Falcons in 2016?
- (12:10) How much growth will we see from the Falcons running game in 2016? Dave shares his thoughts on how much improvement we might see from Tevin Coleman.
- (15:15) We discuss Vic Beasley’s potential impact in light of his changing role as well as the fits and roles of other players up front like Brooks Reed, Derrick Shelby and Adrian Clayborn. Allen can’t help but insert Paul Soliai into the conversation.
- (27:55) Dave lays out some additional position battles he’ll be watching including the one at right guard.
- (29:20) I try my hand at prophecy in regards to Andy Levitre’s status and whether Deion Jones might be playing outside rather than inside at linebacker.
- (37:55) Sean Weatherspoon’s role and durability are discussed.
- (41:15) Akeem King and whether any of the other options at nickel cornerback will step up this summer.
- (48:40) A guest appearance from one of Dave’s kids.
- (49:15) The importance of a fast start for the Falcons in 2016.
- (52:45) Dave departs and Allen and I reminisce about the team’s win over the New Orleans Saints in 2014.
We welcome Arif Hasan from the Norse Code Podcast on to discuss the passing of former Minnesota Vikings head coach Dennis Green as well as talk about what expectations there are for the Vikings in 2016:
- (55:05) Arif comes on to help detail and discuss the death, success and legacy of Denny Green
- (1:12:55) We discuss the highs and lows of Daunte Culpepper and what could’ve been if he had never been injured in 2005.
- (1:16:40) The retirement of Greg Jennings and Arif helps us answer if older receivers like him and Roddy White are declining more easily in today’s NFL.
- (1:22:05) The retirement of Phil Loadholt and whether it will doom an already terrible Vikings offensive line in 2016.
- (1:31:00) Arif shares his memories of the heartbreaking playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks from last January.
- (1:35:20) Arif explains where he thinks Teddy Bridgewater’s development will be in 2016.
At the end of the show (1:43:00), Allen and I stick around to outline what our listeners can expect from the podcast in the coming weeks and the rest of the year.
Duration: 1 hour, 54 minutes
Arif writes for Cold Omaha and you can hear him on the Norse Code Podcast, which you can find on the Daily Norseman. You can also check out Arif’s impressive training camp guide by clicking here. He’s on twitter: @ArifHasanNFL
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to rate us there! For Android users, we are now on Google Play is a good app to listen as well. We are also on TuneIn Radio! You can also subscribe directly to our feed at the following URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/falcfans/LXSt