Allen and I return this week to preview the Atlanta Falcons’ upcoming Week Two matchup on the road against the Oakland Raiders. Joining us will be our guest, Ted Nguyen of Raiders Analysis. Ted discusses with us the following topics among others:
- (1:15) Ted joins and discusses whether the old Raiders mystique has returned.
- (2:30) The play of Raiders CB Sean Smith and the vulnerability of the Raiders secondary.
- (5:15) Latavius Murray’s role in the Raiders newfound ground attack along with the strengths and weaknesses of the offensive line.
- (9:30) How the Falcons can handle Khalil Mack and the Raiders pass rush.
Ted departs (13:50) and Allen and I continue our preview by first pointing out some of the positives we saw from the Falcons on the All-22 from Week One. We also discuss some of the following topics too:
- (17:50) Discussion of the play of the Falcons rookie linebackers.
- (19:10) Whether Desmond Trufant should shadow Amari Cooper and what have been Vic Beasley’s issues.
- (24:30) Kyle Shanahan’s use of misdirection, Mohamed Sanu and the Falcons struggles blocking versus the Bucs.
- (28:25) Whether or not the Falcons are moving past being a “one-man” team in 2016.
- (36:05) Attacking the middle of the Raiders defense, using screens and whether Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman should continue to split carries.
- (41:15) Allen and I give our predictions for this week’s final score.
- (44:15) We discuss all the different reactions to what is going on with Ra’Shede Hageman off the field.
- (48:20) My newfound insecurity over Allen finally starting to pay attention to the Falcons.
Duration: 55 minutes
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to rate us there! For Android users, we are now on Google Play. We are also on TuneIn Radio and finally Stitcher! You can also subscribe directly to our feed at the following URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/falcfans/LXSt