Allen and I are joined by The Falcoholic’s DW to preview the upcoming matchup between the Atlanta Falcons and Carolina Panthers. During this episode, we discuss a bevy of topics including some of the following:
- (3:05) What is at stake in Week Four and whether the Falcons defense is ready for the test.
- (9:35) A deep discussion of whether Bryan Cox is to blame for the lack of pass rush and progress in Vic Beasley’s game.
- (22:10) How the Falcons offensive line matches up with a physical Panthers defensive line.
- (25:05) Other exploitable matchups the Falcons could win against the Panthers including the type of impact that a healthier Julio Jones can have this week.
- (35:15) The Falcons struggles in coverage including their issues against tight ends, Sean Weatherspoon’s decline and Ricardo Allen’s upside.
- (47:15) DW makes the case why the Falcons are a more formidable matchup against the Panthers this year, including a nod to Matt Ryan’s improved confidence and comfort.
- (49:40) DW gives his detailed thoughts on his feelings about Ra’Shede Hageman in the aftermath of his domestic violence charges.
- (54:05) We each give our prediction over the outcome of this week’s game.
DW departs (57:15) and Allen makes a comparison between the Falcons and the Los Angeles Rams and Aaron decides to be positive for 90 seconds (at 1:02:30).
Duration: 1 hour, 8 minutes
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to rate us there! For Android users, we are now on Google Play. We are also on TuneIn Radio and finally Stitcher! You can also subscribe directly to our feed at the following URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/falcfans/LXSt