Allen and I are back with Pro Football Focus’s Mike Renner and The Falcoholic’s Dave Choate to preview the Atlanta Falcons upcoming Week Five matchup against the Denver Broncos. Mike joins the show first to discuss some of the following topics among several others:
- (2:30) Whether the Broncos defense offer the best matchup for the newly prolific Falcons offense and how Aqib Talib might handle Julio Jones.
- (4:45) Whether Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian is for real.
- (8:15) Comparing the dual developments of Shane Ray versus Vic Beasley so far.
- (10:30) Whether Desmond Trufant is poised to handle either Demaryius Thomas or Emmanuel Sanders, and whether cornerbacks should shadow No. 1 wide receivers.
- (12:40) Mike re-assesses the 2016 Falcons rookie class, particularly linebacker Deion Jones.
- (21:55) Mike discusses his experiences at various NFL training camps this past summer including the Falcons as well as some fun stories about some heckling from NFL players.
- (28:45) Mike spouts his hottest Falcons take.
Mike departs and Dave jumps aboard (32:15) to go deeper into the Falcons and their upcoming matchup against the Broncos. We discuss the following topics among others:
- (34:10) What newly signed linebacker A.J. Hawk could bring to the table for the Falcons defense.
- (39:05) Dave gives his big takeaways from last week’s win over the Panthers, including the improvement of the defense and whether the team can maintain this momentum against Denver.
- (43:00) Robert Alford’s prospects of covering either Thomas or Sanders this week.
- (48:30) The numerous matchup problems the Broncos present, including their top-notch cornerback trio, and if Kyle Shanahan has something in store for Wade Phillips this week.
- (52:35) The epic battle between Ryan Schraeder and Von Miller.
- (54:35) Chris Chester’s struggles and whether the Falcons running game can open up opportunities for Taylor Gabriel and Aldrick Robinson downfield.
- (1:03:45) Jacob Tamme’s future and how we were all wrong about Austin Hooper’s ability to impact quickly.
- (1:06:30) We each give our predictions for Sunday’s result.
Dave leaves (1:15:50) and Allen and I wrap up with responses to a scorching comment on the Falcoholic as well as its polar opposite on iTunes.
Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to rate us there! For Android users, we are now on Google Play. We are also on TuneIn Radio and finally Stitcher! You can also subscribe directly to our feed at the following URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/falcfans/LXSt