Allen and I are joined by The Falcoholic’s Charles McDonald to recap the Atlanta Falcons’ impressive Week Five win over the Denver Broncos. With Charles, we discuss several topics including the following:
- (3:15) Improvements made by Derrick Shelby in recent weeks
- (4:00) The hype surrounding Derek Wolfe in contrast to the positive play by Andy Levitre and Chris Chester this year with the addition of Alex Mack at center.
- (11:45) Tevin Coleman’s improvement in the passing game.
- (17:00) The play of Jake Matthews against his old nemesis Shane Ray.
- (19:10) Vic Beasley’s breakout performance and what he needs to do to maintain these positive performances moving forward.
- (29:55) The tried and true reliability of Dwight Freeney.
- (31:20) Ben Garland and the Falcons’ roster decisions along the defensive line.
- (34:30) Keanu Neal’s play thus far this season and the difficulty of evaluating safeties in college.
- (39:50) Debate over whether Robert Alford has become a liability with his undisciplined play.
- (51:14) Where this win over the Broncos ranks among Falcons victories in recent years.
- (52:30) The horrific ineptitude of the Broncos coaching staff on Sunday.
- (57:30) Adrian Clayborn’s improvement and steady play so far in 2016.
- (59:40) Charles explains the methodology behind Bleacher Report’s NFL 1000 rankings and talks about some good and bad defensive tackles throughout the NFL.
Charles leaves (1:01:00) and Allen and I wrap up with some iTunes reviews.
Duration: 1 hour, 7 minutes
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to rate us there! For Android users, we are now on Google Play. We are also on TuneIn Radio and finally Stitcher! You can also subscribe directly to our feed at the following URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/falcfans/LXSt