Allen and I are joined by 92.9 the Game’s Mike Conti and Blogging Dirty’s Everett Glaze to preview the Atlanta Falcons’ upcoming Week Seven matchup against the San Diego Chargers. Mike is the first to join the show and with him we hit on some of the following topics among several others:
- (1:55) Whether the Falcons loss to the Seahawks should be viewed positively or negatively moving forward.
- (3:30) If the Falcons’ success over the past three weeks has greatly defied and exceeded expectations.
- (6:15) Mike gives his thoughts on some of the reasons and causes behind Matt Ryan’s improvement in 2016.
- (8:30) The newfound success of Kyle Shanahan.
- (13:45) Whether the loss to the Seahawks will linger into this week’s game against the Chargers.
- (18:00) Whether or not this week’s game against the Chargers could be considered a “trap game.”
- (22:40) Mike answers if covering both the Falcons and Atlanta Hawks during this time of year makes his life hectic.
- (24:10) I heckle Mike over the Pitt-Penn State rivalry.
At (27:40) Mike departs and Everett joins the show. We hit up some of the following topics among several others:
- (28:20) The impact that Travis Benjamin and Danny Woodhead’s injuries might have on this week’s game.
- (31:55) The possibility that Hunter Henry was almost a Falcon and what players stand out to Everett on the Chargers defense.
- (35:30) How pressure on Philip Rivers could disrupt the Chargers’ explosive offense and the weaknesses of their offensive line.
- (40:05) The impact of the season-ending injury to Derrick Shelby and Jonathan Babineaux’s decline.
- (48:15) How the Chargers will try and defend Julio Jones and how the Chargers offense might be their best defense this week.
- (54:00) Justin Hardy’s current value and future role within the Falcons offense.
- (57:10) Week Seven predictions and whether the Falcons will avoid the Week Six hangover.
Everett departs (64:50) and Allen and I wrap up the show.
Duration: 1 hour, 11 minutes
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to rate us there! For Android users, we are now on Google Play. We are also on TuneIn Radio and finally Stitcher! You can also subscribe directly to our feed at the following URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/falcfans/LXSt