Allen and I preview the upcoming Week Eight matchup between the Atlanta Falcons and Green Bay Packers with our good friend, Eric Robinson of Blogging Dirty. This week’s episode includes a multitude of topics including the following:
- (3:20) Is this a playoff preview game and whether the Packers offense is as threatening as it has been in past years.
- (9:40) The struggles of De’Vondre Campbell last week and how Keanu Neal could help solidify the Falcons’ underneath coverage.
- (13:50) A deep dive into whether Vic Beasley is being overrated given his recent success.
- (22:45) Eddie Lacy’s so-called weight transformation.
- (26:40) The release of Mike Person potentially leading to an expansion of Ben Garland’s versatility.
- (28:20) A discussion about the future of the Falcons defensive line and which players including Ra’Shede Hageman that might become expendable come 2017.
- (31:30) The addition of Stevan Ridley
- (32:45) An overhyped Packers run defense contrasts with a formidable Packers pass rush?
- (39:50) Reminiscing over Julio Jones’ performance against the Packers in 2014.
- (41:20) Discussing whether Mohamed Sanu should be considered a bust at this point.
- (53:00) Predictions for this weekend’s game between the Falcons and Packers.
- (58:20) Robert Alford’s newfound avoidance of penalties.
Eric leaves at (1:01:40) and Allen and I finish the show with iTunes reviews and discuss the future of the podcast.
Duration: 1 hour, 12 minutes
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to rate us there! For Android users, we are now on Google Play. We are also on TuneIn Radio and finally Stitcher! You can also subscribe directly to our feed at the following URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/falcfans/LXSt
In case you missed the Mohamed Sanu article referenced in this podcast, you can check it out here.