Allen and I are joined by Turron Davenport of The Eagles Wire to preview the upcoming Week 10 matchup between the Atlanta Falcons and Philadelphia Eagles. With Turron we discuss several topics including the following:
- (2:30) Carson Wentz’s progress in 2016 along with their potential to stretch the field vertically against the Falcons.
- (7:00) The respect the Eagles receivers have for Desmond Trufant and what exactly has been holding back Dorial Green-Beckham.
- (10:50) How the Eagles pass rush might be their best weapon for slowing down Julio Jones.
- (12:50) Darren Sproles’ role on offense, the Eagles’ need for balance and how the Matt Ryan-led Falcons offense has already achieved said balance.
- (15:55) Whether physicality in the trenches will be Philly’s formula for success.
- (20:40) Questions about Doug Pederson’s controversial fourth-down decisions last week against the New York Giants.
Turron ducks out at (29:25) and Allen and I continue the podcast by first talking about the NFC playoff race before jumping into the following topics:
- (33:15) Trufant’s injury status and what an extended absence could mean for the immediate future of the Falcons defense.
- (36:15) Whether Tevin Coleman’s absence could impact this game and whether young players like Vic Beasley and Grady Jarrett can overwhelm their matchups against Eagles blockers this week.
- (41:25) What are the strengths of the Eagles, including Sproles, Zach Ertz, Bennie Logan and their formidable defensive line.
- (45:45) What are the weaknesses of the Eagles, focusing particularly on a porous secondary.
- (48:05) Whether this week’s Eagles matchup represents another possible “trap game” for the Falcons.
- (51:20) Allen and I give our predictions for the final score of this week’s game.
- (52:20) Is Jordan Matthews overrated?
- (55:20) Levine Toilolo’s improvement
- (57:00) iTunes reviews
Duration: 1 hour, 9 minutes
Turron writes for The Eagles Wire, hosts the Locked on Eagles podcast and also does television coverage of the Eagles for Comcast SportsNet in Philadelphia. You can check him out on twitter: @TDavenport_NFL.
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to rate us there! For Android users, we are now on Google Play. We are also on TuneIn Radio and finally Stitcher! You can also subscribe directly to our feed at the following URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/falcfans/LXSt