Allen and I are back to present the best interviews we conducted during the calendar year of 2015. Since May, we’ve had the opportunity to snag a number of great guests that were former Atlanta Falcons players and wanted to compile them all into one episode for your listening pleasure.
But before we get to our interviews, Allen and I have to chat a bit about the recent hires of Mike Smith, Dirk Koetter and Mike Mularkey elsewhere in the NFL, some of our observations from the second round of the playoffs and what to make of some of the Seattle Seahawks’ impending free agents that might journey south to Atlanta.
- First up on deck is our talk with center Todd McClure (at the 27:52 mark) from Episode 111. Listen as Todd talks about his experience at the 2015 NFL Draft, Joe Hawley, zone-blocking scheme and the causes of the Falcons’ decline in 2013 and 2014 after he retired.
- Next is our talk with running back Jamal Anderson (at 41:18 mark) from Episode 119. He discusses his the special nature of the 1998 Super Bowl team, Michael Turner, injuries, and how Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman might fare in the team’s new zone-blocking scheme.
- Then we talk with current Falcons linebacker Nate Stupar (1:04:34) from Episode 130. He discusses the new coaching staff, Paul Worrilow’s work ethic, why special teams matters and origin of the hashtag #StupLyfe.
- Ex-Falcons linebacker Jessie Tuggle joins the show (1:16:19), recapping his appearance from Episode 131. Jessie talks with us about the XFINITY X1 sports app, how Dan Reeves saved him from retirement, Grady Jarrett and how he handles watching two sons play pro football.
- We catch up with wide receiver Brian Finneran (1:33:40) from Episode 141. Brian recaps his experience and the differences between the four different coaching staffs he played under in Atlanta and how much Roddy White has left in the tank.
- We end with our chat with fullback Ovie Mughelli (1:54:23) from Episode 146. Ovie explains how different it was blocking for Jamal Lewis versus Michael Turner, his brief stay with the St. Louis Rams after leaving Atlanta, Lousaka Polite’s subpar abilities and Patrick DiMarco’s upside.
Duration: 2 hours, 19 minutes
Todd is on twitter: @ToddMcClure62.
You can catch Jamal on twitter at @jamthedirtybird.
You can subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, and be sure to rate us there! For Android users, DoubleTwist is a good app to listen as well. You can also subscribe directly to our feed at the following URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/falcfans/LXSt