A lot of great plays have been made by the Falcons offense this year. Some bruising runs by the backs and some acrobatic catches on the part of the receivers.
It was very tough to pick a winner and it really came down to three acrobatic catches that really stood out in my eyes, each from a respective receiver: Tony Gonzalez, Roddy White, and Julio Jones. But in the end, I had to give the rook the love for his diving catch against the Colts.
The Gonzalez one-handed grab in the back of the endzone against the Eagles and White’s finger-tip grab vs. Detroit were the other two plays.
Here are some other plays of note for the year, including some more from the receivers:
- Michael Turner’s bruising run vs. the Titans
- Turner’s game-busting run vs. the Eagles
- Snelling’s bruising catch and run vs. the Saints in Week 10
- Quizz’s 31-yard TD catch vs. Carolina in Week 14
- Douglas catch and run vs. Vikings
- Gonzo’s one-handed snag vs. Seattle
- Julio’s 49-yard catch vs. Tampa Bay in Week 3
- Julio’s 29-yard sprint vs. Jacksonville