Falcons Pro Day Round-Up 4/20
This past week was a big one for the Falcons as they conducted their local pro day where draft prospects from Georgia high schools and colleges got a chance to showcase their stuff in front of the team on Tuesday, April 15.
We originally reported a number of players that were expected to show up, but in the days since there have been more reports about the prospects that were available. Georgia State sent three prospects, the previously reported defensive linemen along with offensive lineman Ulrick John. Clemson cornerback Darius Robinson was another player that himself tweeted he was there. Shane DePasquale of NFL Draft Diamonds reports that Southern Illinois linebacker Bryan Presume was among the prospects.
A pair of Valdosta State wide receivers in Regginald Lewis and Seantavius Jones were reportedly there to work out.
D. Orlando Ledbetter of the AJC reports that other players were there including:
- Running Back Ryan Boykin, Ohio
- Outside linebacker Clifton Crews, South Alabama
- Wide receiver Ryan Culbreath, Furman
- Safety Kenny Ladler, Vanderbilt
- Safety Kimario McFadden, South Carolina State
- Tight End Evan Wilson, Illinois
- Safety Greg Worthy, Furman
The Falcons were also in attendance at the pro day of Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray this past week. He is coming off a knee injury, and this was his first opportunity to showcase his skills for NFL Scouts. Murray worked out along several Georgia receivers, one of which tight end Arthur Lynch indicated that the Falcons have been the only team that he’s worked out for.
Not only was this past week a big week for the team, but next week will feature workouts with several of the top players in the draft.
Previous reports indicate that Texas A&M offensive tackle Jake Matthews and UCLA linebacker Anthony Barr will be among those that work out for the team in the upcoming week. Barr’s workout has been confirmed to be on Tuesday per the AJC. But workouts are also upcoming for South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney and Buffalo outside linebacker Khalil Mack, per ESPN’s Vaughn McClure.
Rand Getlin of Yahoo! Sports reports that LSU wide receiver Jarvis Landry will be among those players visiting the team as well. Towson running back Terrance West is set to visit the team on Wednesday, April 23 per McClure.
Also this past week, news broke of the Falcons interest in several other players as well as previous workouts including:
- Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that Arkansas fullback Kiero Small has already worked out for the Falcons as well as USC tight end Xavier Grimble.
- Wilson also reports that the Falcons are among a handful of teams that have shown the most interest in Missouri linebacker Michael Sam since February’s Combine.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reports that South Carolina wideout Bruce Ellington has already worked out for the Falcons. Rapoport also indicated that the team has already looked at Alabama safety Hasean “HaHa” Clinton-Dix.
- Montana linebacker Jordan Tripp visited the team this past Monday per McClure, which was an update from a previous report from NFL.com’s Gil Brandt.
- Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that Nebraska guard Spencer Long has a visit with the Falcons. He also reported on Wednesday that the Falcons had Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro in for a visit after a previously conducted private workout.
- According to Cleveland.com, the Falcons sent offensive line coach Mike Tice to Columbus, Ohio this past Thursday to workout a trio of Ohio State offensive linemen: tackle Jack Mewhort, center Corey Linsley and guard Marcus Hall. Per ESPN, the team also worked out running back Carlos Hyde while they were there.
- Also on Thursday, head coach Mike Smith was among several team representatives to travel to Alabama to work out a trio of Auburn prospects: tackle Greg Robinson, cornerback Chris Davis and defensive end Dee Ford.