All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alric Arnett, WR, West Virginia
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:52 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Alric Arnett
6-2/188
West Virginia Senior

PROS: Has good speed with the ability to stretch defenses. Has good hands and does a nice job securing the ball before turning upfield. Has a quick first step upfield and has potential to be a factor after the catch. Gets a nice release and finds soft spots underneath, and works best on the short, quicker routes.
CONS: Will have some lapses in concentration and does too much body catching at times. Has a thin build and needs to get stronger. Not a factor as a blocker.
OVERVIEW: A former JUCO transfer that was a two-year starter. Was the No. 2 option in the air to Jock Sanders, but was more of a traditional receiver. He's got the size and speed to be an impact player on offense.
NFL FORECAST: He's not going to be a guy that is going to impact right away. I think he's going to spend a few years working off the bench. But he has the potential to be a capable No. 3 wideout down the road. I think he's giong to have to get stronger, and as he'll be working on the bench he'll need to show some ability to contribute on special teams. I also think that he'll have to learn how to run better routes, since he wasn't really asked to run a lot of traditional routes at West Virginia since their offense was very limited. I think his growth potential was probably stymied by the WVU offense and the fact that he didn't have the most accurate guys throwing to him (Jarrett Brown and Pat White). So he might be a bit of a late bloomer, but if he takes to quality NFL coaching he should be able to blossom. I don't see him as a starter, but he could be a nice third slot option for a team.
ATL FORECAST: If he can impact early on special teams, then he has a chance to stick in Atlanta. He doesn't have the great potential to be a critical factor as a receiver, since he's not likely to overtake Douglas or Jenkins. But he could be a solid No. 4 guy here in Atlanta, and if he can contribute on special teams, then he could work very well in that role.
VALUE: Arnett is a nice middle round pick, that would be a reach if he was taken before the fifth round.

Profile E-mail