It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3 of 4 Fall
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:40 pm 

Well almost all four teams that we want to lose; lost today.

New York fell to Seattle in OT after Feely choked three times. I no longer feel like I miss having Feely around.

Tampa fell to Chicago. How did we not beat them last week? Somehow we make Tampa look like a team we can't beat. They aren't nearly as good as they appeared against us.

Dallas looses to Denver. All I can say is WOOHOO! I hate Dallas but it looked like they might pull out against Denver.

Finally... Carolina comes away with a win. But their offense has been sputtering big time over the last few weeks. Their defense is still good although they have had a few collapses. It looks more and more like all we need to do is focus on Davis/Foster while containing Steve Smith and we should post a W.

But none the less the race for 3rd place in the NFC is at a three way tie once again. The only team that looks like a lock to finish where they are now is Seattle. But even they have a few issues down the stretch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:57 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

We definitely want the Cowboys to win as it would put the Giants behind us if we win. Besides, the Giants are more likely to fold down the stretch than the Cowboys are, so if we can get the Wild Card team from the North out of the picture, we're in good shape even if we finish with the same record as Tampa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:39 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

All I know is that the Bears and Seahawks really helped us today. But I'm afraid the Falcons can afford to lose only 1 more game this year, and probably its to the Bears since they beat both the Bucs and Panthers, so losing that game won't hurt us in terms of the "common games" tiebreaker.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:26 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

the bears defense looks great. i just wish the falcons tackled as well as those guys. how many times have we seen bryan scott wiff on a tackle. those guys don't whiff. nor do they slap at the damn ball. they drive their bodies through the player and wrap them up. the falcons d should sit down and watch they way the bears d plays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:51 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I know not a lot of people will agree with me but I think the bears can be had...I think our scheme is perfect for them...just about every snap their D-Line all move to the left/right together and their lb's scrape into the gaps...if their D-line goes one way and we zone block to the other then we will be in business...and the Panthers and Bucs have both shown that the Bears pass defense can be had too....I'm not prediciting a blowout win by any means, but at this point I am much more worried about Carolina with a top ten offense and defense than I am the bears...

Post subject: Bears
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:57 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I just don't like it that we have to play the Bears in Chicago. I know we have been great in away games but Chicago isn't Tampa. Still, we beat GB at GB in the playoffs so who knows. Let's hope our run can get going and we stop all the turnovers.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:24 am 
Role Player
Role Player

The Falcons can beat any team on any given Sunday. And as we learned against Green Bay, we can lose too.

That being said, I'm more nervous about Chicago. They have a legitimate running attack. And that is our biggest weakness.

Vick can perform well under pressure. So he may take the heat from their D. Even if Chicago takes away the run early, I think Vick will execute well enough to force Chicago to loosen up on the line of scrimmage.

But I'm more worried about us making the Bear's offense look like Pittsburgh/Indianapolis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:26 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

well Orton isn't exactly a great QB and the Bears are a pretty one sided team...I think since we know the run is coming then we could hamper it...we may not stop it but we could slow them down enough...if we could make the game come down to whoever has the best rushing attack then we'll win...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:12 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i have to say orton didn't impress me one bit. i expected more from what i've read but from seeing him live, we should do well focusing on the run. i heard him compared to dilfer with the bucs team and i can see it, basically just don't 'f' up and let the defense win it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:22 am 

Well the Bears have the only defense I really think can shut down our offense looking at the rest of the schedule. Sure Carolina and Tampa Bay are no slouches, but we've proven we are capable of putting up 20 and 30 points on their defenses in their best years.

Alex Brown is hot, and plays the right side of the Bears D-line. He has been playing very well, and his matchup with Shaffer would be key. You can bet he'll be throwing his A game at trying to stop VIck's left-side rollouts.

Not to mention a guy named Urlacher, who is not the type of player you want to see coming up the middle on a blitz if your #7. There are maybe a half dozen LBs truly capable of spying Vick and essentially shutting him down. Urlacher is one of them.

Basically the Bears have a defense that is about as perfect as you can get in terms of stopping a player like Vick. The key in that game will be for our defense to create turnovers for our offense, because I believe we're going to need it. It would truly be a feat to score 2 touchdowns vs. Chicago. 1 TD alone is very difficult.

But that game's discussion is a few weeks off.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:53 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Pudge wrote:

But that game's discussion is a few weeks off.

i sure hope the falcons aren't overlooking the panthers like us falcon fans are!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:37 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I'm not overlooking the Panthers myself...but Chicago is the "hot" team at the moment so I got to thinking about them...

but I am sure the players are all focused on the task at hand...we lose this game and we probably won't win the division...at least not without some help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:55 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yeah we shouldnt even talk about the bears because that game is pointless as of right now.

If we beat Carolina we are tied for the division lead, if we loose, we will be 2 games behind the division leader. What good will it do if we loose to carolina and beat chicago? Whoopdie freakin doo, we beat a "hot" team that is overrated and will fall off.

As of right now we arent in the playoffs. If we loose to carolina it will put us deeper in the hole. We are in the best division in football IMO and we need to concentrate on our division games. Bears are moot at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:05 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I hope my previous statment didn't come across wrong...what I meant (if there was any confusion) was that our players hopefully are focused on the task at hand (panthers game) and that we can't afford to lose it...

so basically Vickis, I agree 100%