It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Panthers-Falcons games are the best!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:40 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I love this matchup. It's always a great game to watch. Peppers vs. VIck, you don't get a more exciting matchup in the league than that. The most exciting defender vs. the most exciting offensive player in the league.

These games consistently come down to the wire. These 2 games may be the best to come, since this game and the one in 4 weeks may very well decide the division winner, and an outside possibility of home field advantage in the playoffs.

I don't have love for the Panthers, but I definitely respect them. Can't say the same thing about the Bucs. I respect the Saints somewhat because they usually bring it when they play the Falcons (it seems like it's been a very long time since we blew them out). But not to the level I respect the Panthers. Steve Smith and Julius Peppers are two players that I like watching play, even though they play for a division rival. In fact, if you don't coutn Falcons players, Peppers might be my 2nd favorite NFL player behind Chad Johnson, who I love even more than Vick. BTW, Chad Johnson should be a Falcon, but I digress...

I like John Fox, I think he's a good coach, but the Falcons just got his number. This is going to be a fun Sunday. :D :D :D

Well not if the Falcons lose... :cry:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:24 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

The one problem is that Peppers still has that broken hand. Even though the last couple of games he hasn't worn the cast, or if so, the cast was very small, it's obvious that he doesn't have his usual stregnth in it. He's been doing one-handed sacks and take-downs, but he's going to need both hands to handle Micheal Vick. I hope he's healed enough by Sunday to use both hands. :shock:

I definitely respect the Falcons, but despise the Bucs. I have a lot of respect for the Saints, too, even though they are their own worst enemies. It's unfortunate what's happened to them this year with the hurricane and all, but I'm not convinced that has been the root of all their problems, although it's been a huge factor.

http://www.panthersfanz.com/forums

Join us at Pantherfanz.com!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:43 pm 

Pantherfan007 wrote:
definitely respect the Falcons, but despise the Bucs. I have a lot of respect for the Saints, too, even though they are their own worst enemies. It's unfortunate what's happened to them this year with the hurricane and all, but I'm not convinced that has been the root of all their problems, although it's been a huge factor.

I agree on that. I hate the Bucs, everything about them. I liked Cadillac coming out of college, but I hate him now. Derrick Brooks is about the only guy on that team that I can really respect. He's a sure HOFer that plays the game the way it's supposed to be played on and off the field, so I can't really hate on him even though he plays for that team. I hate their coaches, owners, and the overwhelming majority of their players.

Although it's probably not good to say, but the Saints will probably get a pass from most folks based on the hurricane. Haslett was a guy that I think should have been fired 2 years ago, but I believe their owner doesn't truly care about winning (reminds me of the Falcons old owner), but likes the status and money that goes with being an NFL owner. If he felt otherwise, he would have tried to bring in a better coach a long time ago. But now, with the team's ownership and future playing location up in the air, Haslett's job seems pretty safe for now. It would be extremely difficult for a new coach to go into New Orleans and make things work. But I say Haslett is the reason that they tend to beat themselves. Consistent mental mistakes on the part of your key players seems to me a glowing indication that the coaching staff doesn't properly motivate their players.

I think we should swap the Bucs with the Jaguars in the AFC South, that I think would make everyone happy. And my hatred of the Bucs does not stem a lot from how much they beat us, but just the fact that they are the cockiest fans for a very average team.

Profile E-mail