It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mariucci as OC or QB coach?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:25 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I doubt highly that it would happen, but if Mooch didn't get any offers to be a head coach on the college or pro level, would you think Mora would be smart if he tried to get Mooch as an assistant coach?

Knapp's offense I believe has more influence from Mooch than anyone else. Mooch is known as a good QB guy, having worked with Favre in his early days in Green Bay. In fact, there is speculation that if Sherman is fired after this season, Favre is going to push for Mooch to be the Packers next head coach.

But let's say none of this happens (which I again admit is doubtful, since I'd imagine Mooch is going to at the very least get several offers from the college ranks if not 1 or 2 offers from the pro level), would you like the Falcons to bring in him as a potential assistant?

And if yes, then what position? Quarterbacks coach? Offensive Coordinator? Or something else?

I know there are those that aren't in love with Knapp, but would you swap him for Mooch? Do you think it's best that Vick makes another OC switch right when the light seems to be coming on?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The word is that Mooch should get the Michigan State head coaching job should he be unable to get a pro job. I don't really have a problem with Knapp per se, as his results overshadow the few complaints I have. QB coach might be a good fit since he is familiar with mobile QB's in the WCO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:34 pm 

I don't think Vick needs ANY changes on the offense at all. Whether it be at QB Coach or Offensive Coordinator. He's getting his game together largely thanks to consitency and no major off-season changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:38 pm 

Dumb or no I think the fallout at San Francisco and the eventual collapse in Detroit (Mooch's fault or no) will prevent him from being a head coach in the NFL anytime soon. I personally think he is best served going to Michigan State for a few years and then coming back to the NFL.

I also don't think that Mooch would want to leave Michigan again or at least in the near future. It's also possible he becomes a talking head for a few years and then comes back to coaching ala Denny Green.

Random Rant: Why can't I make Mike Ditka my offensive coordinator in Madden? He's still alive just not in the NFL. How awesome would that to have Ditka roming the sidelines as your OC or even Head Coach.

Last edited by dirtybirdnw on Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:28 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I wouldn't mind seeing Mooch here in some form, but I don't want to change offensive coordinators or qb coaches to do it...maybe an assistant head coach where Mooch can be there to help game plan and work with Vick some maybe...I doubt we'd get him to accept such a small role but I'd be pleased if he did...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:13 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Dumb or no I think the fallout at San Francisco and the eventual collapse in Detroit (Mooch's fault or no) will prevent him from being a head coach in the NFL anytime soon. I personally think he is best served going to Michigan State for a few years and then coming back to the NFL.

I also don't think that Mooch would want to leave Michigan again or at least in the near future. It's also possible he becomes a talking head for a few years and then comes back to coaching ala Denny Green.

Random Rant: Why can't I make Mike Ditka my defensive coordinator in Madden? He's still alive just not in the NFL. How awesome would that to have Ditka roming the sidelines as your DC or even Head Coach.

Ditka played TE and Buddy Ryan was the DC for those Bears teams. Put Ditka at OC if you do anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:45 pm 

Brain fart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:57 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

No worried, if my brain were a gaseous object it would be a nebula...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:18 pm 

The last two months my brain has been composed of roughly the amount of gas power all of the gaseous planet bodies of our universe.

Must be the combo of the holidays, work, and classes all at the same time.