It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Roddy voices his concerns
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:30 am 
Superstar
Superstar

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-falcons ... th-quarter

"When Tru picked it off, I though the game was over," White said. "I thought we'd just go out there and kind of push the [tempo] up. And I felt like we didn't do that. We just kind of sat back and looked at the clock and said, 'All right, let's try to play this out.' I don't think that's what we should have did.

Would a quick tempo have helped Atlanta's offense late on Sunday? Roddy White said he thinks so.
"We should have kind of attacked those guys because we had them on their heels every time we went up-tempo. But we kind of slowed everything down. And they responded on defense. They did a good job. They made us punt the ball. And then the defense went back and got another interception, gave us great field position. And we managed to only gain 15 yards."

Credit White for his honesty, even if Falcons coach Mike Smith scolds him later for voicing his opinion. Truth is the 4-7 Falcons might not have come up short in a 26-24 loss to the Browns had the offense closed the way it is capable of doing.

Remember, the offense was supposed to carry the Falcons this season.

Post subject: Re: Roddy voices his concerns
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:19 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Roddy is soooooooooo stupid. How many times has he compared the Falcons offense to the Rams Greatest Show on Turf over the past 4 years? The answer is a lot. Yet he thinks this despite not realizing that the Falcons offensive coaching wouldn't know how to coach that sort of production out of an offense even if Mike Martz and Al Saunders gave them a 30-day seminar. Roddy is just too dumb to realize how bad the coaching is.

This is what happens when you get a 2 on your Wonderlic.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:02 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Well as much as you hate him Roddy has been probably doing as much as Julio the last few weeks.

So many have answers after the game is over.!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:13 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I like Julio but when you compare him to the other allegedly elite WRs such as CJ, Fitzgerald, etc., I don't think he stacks up. Way too many drops and, oddly, way to little YAC. Something is just wrong in general with the entire team. Complacency? Now? The fundamentals are sorely lacking...catching, tackling, ball security. The only person I can think of who has played really well all year is Matt.....Bryant.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:34 am 

Terrell Owens was a regular drop machine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:35 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
Terrell Owens was a regular drop machine.

And he bounced around the NFL. Thankfully, JJ doesn't have the other issues that TO had, but he drops was too many passes, and has issues securing the ball once he has it. Given these issues, I would be happy to trade him away for a 1st and 2nd if someone was biting. I believe that a player, similar to Julio, could be had in the 2nd round of the draft. Perhaps that player would not have the elite physical tools that Julio has, but they might be more durable, and might have better ball security.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:11 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
Roddy is soooooooooo stupid. How many times has he compared the Falcons offense to the Rams Greatest Show on Turf over the past 4 years? The answer is a lot. Yet he thinks this despite not realizing that the Falcons offensive coaching wouldn't know how to coach that sort of production out of an offense even if Mike Martz and Al Saunders gave them a 30-day seminar. Roddy is just too dumb to realize how bad the coaching is.

So a player is stupid for voicing his opinion? He wants to play more up-tempo and when it doesn't happen, that makes him stupid? Give me a break. When you play for an offense that has so many weapons, you should be more up tempo. Good for Roddy in calling them out.

He may have gotten a poor score on the Wonderlic, but that mansion he's living in is all that matters.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:39 pm 

Emmitt wrote:
Pudge wrote:

So a player is stupid for voicing his opinion? He wants to play more up-tempo and when it doesn't happen, that makes him stupid? Give me a break. When you play for an offense that has so many weapons, you should be more up tempo. Good for Roddy in calling them out.

He may have gotten a poor score on the Wonderlic, but that mansion he's living in is all that matters.

Sarcasm. :wink:

Profile E-mail