It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Official Week 14-Saints Game Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:00 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Discussion for the upcoming Monday Night game vs. the Saints. Looking forward to John Madden's love fest over Michael Vick.

This week's FRN Rival site is Saints Revolution. Their forum is here.

We have the Saints at home on Monday Night, coming off a loss. Another loss here is just downright unacceptable. The Saints always play us tough, but I can't see them beating us. Maybe this time we can stop the run and not make Aaron Brooks look like Tom Brady.

Last edited by Pudge on Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:51 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

lets get ready for some more, 2nd down and long with dunn running up the gut! can't get enough of that! that's the good stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:38 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

every game the rest of the year is a must win if we want to even have a chance at the playoffs...honestly at this point I'm more concerned with finishing with a winning record...I can't take another two years of hearing about us not ever putting together back to back winning seasons...

Saints almost beat us last time, but we usually play well when we are on primetime TV...the game is at home so that's another advantage (well at least I'd think it's an advantage, but we'll see)...

I don't want to get all "Chicken Little" as some of the other posters on here refer to it but it's hard not to the day after a loss...my unwavering optimism should return by Saturday...

the Ain'ts aren't a good team and we should run right through them, but then again we havn't really run through all that many people this year...I'm just hoping for a win...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:04 am 

We came out with no energy last time in San Antonio. I don't expect a repeat performance, especially when the team's back is against the ropes and we need a win to get to the playoffs.

I've been a bit more skeptical of Mora's motivation this year than normal, but I still have the confidence he is going to have this team motivated this week to win this game no matter what. We haven't beat the Saints by more than 7 points since 1999. If that streak is going to end, I think it's going to be this week.

I'm not going to overlook this game, but the Falcons are too good a team to lose to New Orleans, even though all our games wind up being close.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:24 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I know Blank likes the squeaky clean image, but we need to start having some fun & get some attitude. Mora should start sniffing the ammonia again & the players need to find a way to get themselves jacked up before the game. This kinder, gentler team we've watched this year is really not that good. With the new guys & position changes up front, and the general lack of ability in the secondary, we're going to have to be a lot more aggressive.....this includes the coaches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:24 am 
Former FRN Affiliate
Former FRN Affiliate

I'm just hoping we don't pull a Philly on national television!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:10 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

well at least we're changing our monday night football karma. 2-0 and hopefully 3-0 soon. i've noticed the absence of ammonia cap sniffing too which got me to thinking someone up top either in the falcons org or nfl told him to stop. since then mora seems strangely sedate most of the time. i prefered the old mora sniffing and giving fellow players a sniff, they seemed to be having fun and i agree with mr dirty about the complete lack of energy and passion. oh and another thing, i miss the running vick that would lead us to victories. not that he should run all the damn time but if he can run and slide for 5 or 6 yards without taking a hit the man should take it. when he stops running he ceases to be an x factor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:23 pm 

This is a game that can be used by the Falcons to build some confidence. Thus far, we haven't been all too good against division opponents this year. Things to look for:

1. Run Defense. The Falcons let both Antowain Smith and Aaron Stecker run all over them. With exception to Smith's 110-yard performance vs. Chicago, neither player has had a game as good as they did vs. Atlanta since.

2. Pass Rush. The Saints haven't been doing a great job protecting Aaron Brooks, and we can definitely create some turnovers by putting pressure on him.

3. Pass Defense. Stallworth, Devery Henderson, and others looked like superstars against our pass defense last time. This time we won't have the benefit of an injured Joe HOrn to make our job easier.

I really expect the defense to play much better than it did last go round. The offense should be good as well. With Vick under center, we've averaged 29 points per game vs. New Orleans. Problem is, in those same games our defense has averaged giving up 26 points.

My score prediction:

Falcons 31
Saints 20

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:14 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

With Heard starting i expect our run defense to solidify a good bit, especailly if we get the Kieth Brooking of last week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:18 pm 

The_Incomparable wrote:
With Heard starting i expect our run defense to solidify a good bit, especailly if we get the Kieth Brooking of last week.

We hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:54 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I'm not sold on Heard...I mean I am more than willing to give him a shot, but I can't say he's gonna fix our defense...it goes a lot deeper than just B SCott missing tackles...

but hell...here's to hoping it does fix it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:37 am 
Role Player
Role Player

The_Incomparable wrote:

I agree.....what would be awesome to see is a Saftey Blitz and Ronnie get a sack!
That would put some noise in the Dome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:34 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

What would really be awesome is to see Heard not miss one tackle...........lol

Post subject: I sure hope if the falcon's trounce new orleans
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:47 am 

I sure hope if the falcon's blow out new orleans that everything isn't forgiven. Just like the Detroit game we beat them good and people started saying see things are getting fixed.Nope, you can't meassure your team vs bad teams if you want to win championships. After the Saints will see how good the falcon's are vs Chicago,Tampa,Carolina then we can judge if our players are any good.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:20 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I agree scout...I was one of the people who wanted to think that we were fixing things when we blew Detroit out...and to an extent we were...we just didn't fix things well enough to beat a good team...I am not even expecting a blow out either...I expect a nail biter just like last time...let's just hope we can tackle this week...if we could tackle we'd be 9-3 not 7-5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:05 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I can't wait to see how we respond to a tough DIV loss last week. Hopefully, we will come out early, put some points on the board early, and play tough Defense...I'm looking for an explosive offensive, and a run-stuffing defense...but who know's which Falcon's team will show up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:26 am 
Former FRN Affiliate
Former FRN Affiliate

Get real. This is a rivalry game on Monday night. The last time Brooks will go up against Vick in a Saints uniform. There won't be any blowouts on either side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:09 am 

I hate to tell you, but Brooks will be the Saints QB next year. So he'll get another chance to finally beat his cousin, cuz he won't do it on Monday Night.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:45 pm 
Former FRN Affiliate
Former FRN Affiliate

Listening to Countdown, the game tonight is the last thing on the Saints minds. I have a feeling this will get ugly early!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:17 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I'm really pissed...that's why we can't tackle...even though DeLo got that fumble, WRAP HIM UP FOR GOD's SAKE!!!STOP TRYING TO STRIP IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:39 pm 

Yulin wrote:
Tougher game than the score indicates, but good that we were able to hold them down to no points in the second half. The D still worries me, esp when we consider the run.

We've got 3 tough games left. This is where we find out if we really are a playoff team.

Anybody know what the end result of Lake's injury was?

I disagree this game wasn't nearly as close as the score indiciated. Atlanta screwed up and lost about 14 points in the process. Atlanta penalties also gave the Saints 7 at the end of the half. This game should have been closer to 46-10. The only reason it was close is becuase of Atlanta screw ups and soft coverage calls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

we never fully took control until the second half. up till then the momentum kept shifting, though a lot of it was due to boneheaded plays by the falcons and donatell's poopieheadness (Sorry had to edit that one out -DBNW).