It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: One game at a time
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:11 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

This team really needs to take it one game at a time. But I think it's okay for the fans to look ahead. We saw some weakness in the Bears today.

Get out fast on them, and their offense isn't quite capable enough to score points. They also showed that they are vulnerable to a hard running attack. Bettis, Parker, and all those guys just ran through their defense today. So we need our OL to have a godo day, and Dunn & Duckett to get things rolling early.

A big question for our matchup with them is if Grossman will return. If Grossman starts, rust will be a factor, but he'll have that intangible of motivation of trying to win his starting job back.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:54 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I just hope T. Jones doesn't have a monster game...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:11 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

all you got to do to beat Chicago is get a lead...I don't care if it's Grossman or Orton I don't think either one of them is going to lead that team from behind to a victory...if you can open up a 10 point lead on the Bears the game is over...now that's a lot easier said than done but the Steelers showed the world that you can run on the Bears...lets hope that is the case next week too....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:08 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

You won't see Urlacher getting plowed like that again unless the field is covered in snow again like it was & he can't get his feet planted. Some people are acting like Bettis would run Urlacher over anyways, but it just wouldn't happen. I've seen that guy stand up some of the best Guards in the NFL. Don't expect us to be able to run like that on the Bears, because we don't have the kind of O-line they have & we don't have Jerome Bettis (although Duckett could be that kind of player).