It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what do you think about 4-4 up front?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:13 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

apparently they started ike some plays to give us a 4 linebacker look which i have to admit i didn't really notice, nor did madden or al michaels who never mentioned it. i have a feeling we might see some of that for the bears because 1)they are very run oriented and 2) we have 6, maybe 7 linemen at the moment. (glymph got scooped up by dallas) supposedly lake is getting better fast and might play, and i do believe they picked up some guy named constantin ritzman (read about him here: http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/play ... p?id=10028)
it could be a way to get more physical and jam up the running game, plus our linebackers have good speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:49 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

we go to a 4-4 now whenever the other team comes out in a big package (meaning two backs, two TEs, and one wr)....personally I like the idea...it gives us better match-ups than running the three safety formation we've run all year in those situations...

and as far as the ritzman fella....well we got him from NFL Europe...If I am not mistaken he's the guy we got because we had to carry a European player this year...I believe he started out as a TE maybe and was switched to DE...I think that's what happened at least...I am not 100% sure....anyway I don't expect a whole lot from him really....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:22 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

well I think Brooking, Boley, and DeMo are capable of covering any TE we'll see the rest of the year....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:26 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Steve-O, you're confusing Ritzmann with Klaus Alinen. Alinen is our NFL Europe p-squadder.

Ritzmann spent some time with the Bills the past 2 or so years. He was basically the guy at Tennessee that succeeded Overstreet as their best pass rusher. They are very similar players. Not a lot of athletic ability or size, but quick with good motors.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:19 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Pudge you are exactly right!! my bad..... :oops: