what do you think about 4-4 up front?

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

buddyboy
All-Pro
All-Pro

what do you think about 4-4 up front?

Postby buddyboy » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:13 pm

apparently they started ike some plays to give us a 4 linebacker look which i have to admit i didn't really notice, nor did madden or al michaels who never mentioned it. i have a feeling we might see some of that for the bears because 1)they are very run oriented and 2) we have 6, maybe 7 linemen at the moment. (glymph got scooped up by dallas) supposedly lake is getting better fast and might play, and i do believe they picked up some guy named constantin ritzman (read about him here: http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/play ... p?id=10028)
it could be a way to get more physical and jam up the running game, plus our linebackers have good speed.

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:49 pm

we go to a 4-4 now whenever the other team comes out in a big package (meaning two backs, two TEs, and one wr)....personally I like the idea...it gives us better match-ups than running the three safety formation we've run all year in those situations...

and as far as the ritzman fella....well we got him from NFL Europe...If I am not mistaken he's the guy we got because we had to carry a European player this year...I believe he started out as a TE maybe and was switched to DE...I think that's what happened at least...I am not 100% sure....anyway I don't expect a whole lot from him really....

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:22 pm

well I think Brooking, Boley, and DeMo are capable of covering any TE we'll see the rest of the year....

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:26 am

Steve-O, you're confusing Ritzmann with Klaus Alinen. Alinen is our NFL Europe p-squadder.

Ritzmann spent some time with the Bills the past 2 or so years. He was basically the guy at Tennessee that succeeded Overstreet as their best pass rusher. They are very similar players. Not a lot of athletic ability or size, but quick with good motors.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:19 am

Pudge you are exactly right!! my bad..... :oops:

Return to “The Huddle”