It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Official Week 16-Bucs Game Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:44 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

A definite must win for the Falcons to keep their playoff hopes alive.

I think we can beat the Bucs on their home turf. We played them tough last time, and last year we were shut out in Tampa after winning earlier in the year, but in '03 we beat them in Tampa with Vick.

The Bucs don't scare me. They are a team that "owns" us, but with exception to last year's game where we got shut out, they haven't played too impressively against us in the past few games. They haven't really been outplaying us, just certain things have gone their way.

Our backs are against the wall, and I for one expect nothing less than a commanding win.

Last edited by Pudge on Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:30 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

whew....I don't know what to say....

I think we can beat them, and I hope we will....but everytime we play a good team I get disappointed....honestly I think we fold this game to and manage to pull out a moral victory against Carolina in the dome to achieve our first back to back winning season, but we miss the playoffs....

really as much as I hate missing the playoffs I don't think we'd do a whole lot if we did make it....it may be just the bitterness of last nights loss that has me so pessimistic but I think we'd be one and done even if we did make it.....the bears, bucs, seahawks, and panthers all have beaten us already so I don't think we could go to thier place in the playoffs and expect anything differant....we are just to young, to undisciplined, and jost not there yet....

well not that I've got my chicken little rant out....to beat the Bucs we will have to do the same things we''ve all said all year....run the ball and stop the run....we'll need to get at least some pressure on Simms and try to force him to throw us the ball....the Bucs will be a tougher team at in Tampa than the one that beat us in ATL so we'll have to play the best game we've played all year to beat them...it's a hard task but it's possible....if everyone on our team actually shows up to play and can aviod the mental errors then we have the athletic ability and talent on our team to beat anyone....we are just not to the point where we can get it all together yet....

but Pudge I really admire you confindance by the way, my unwavering homerism should return by the weeks end.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:08 am 

Although I'm sure most will say Knapp, the one assistant coach I'm most frustrated with is Donatell. The Falcons backs are against the wall, and not being aggressive defensively is not going to hurt them anymore. A cornered animal is much more vicious. Just based off this season, if there was an asst. coach I was going to fire first, it would be Donatell. I'm not saying I think we should fire Donatell or any other asst. coach, since it's been largely a group effort in terms of which guys I'm mad at (Mora, Knapp, Donatell, and DeCamillis are all on my sh!t list), but things need to change in 2006 if we want any type of success.

The Falcons need to go after Simms. Hall showed last time he can lock up Galloway. The Falcons shouldn't be so scared of him beating us. That's not to say Galloway isn't capable, or that Hall will automatically lock him up this time. But there should be no way Donatell & Co. go into this week game-planning in a way that hints that they are scared of Galloway. Let's bring 6 or 7 guys on almost every play. Our defense is only functioning at half capacity when we are playing this off, blitzing only occassionally type of style. I understand that Donatell has gotten more conservative due to all the injuries at LB and in the secondary, but there should be no holding back now with 2 must wins to close out the season.

It would be pretty obvious to most observers that the conservative ways aren't working, thus the 2-4 record over the past 6 games, so why not try something new.

The Bucs are primed for a letdown. They always seem to have extra swagger going into the week before playing the Falcons, and I think this team shoudl be able to play on that.

This is a division game that basically will decide the fate of the season. If this team is not motivated enough to win this game, then maybe this team isn't as good as I think they are. When motivated and hungry, I think this team is as good as any in the NFC. And I think this taem is just as talented as any team in the NFC. Motivation and hunger shouldn't be a problem this week. If we lose, it probably means that maybe we aren't as talented as I think.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Can the Falcon's beat a team with a winning record?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:26 am 

I would say the Falcon's time is way over do to beat a quality team that has a winning reocrd.If Tampa comes in over confident then the Falcon's could score often and I think the defense will be motivated to bring some pride back after getting beat by the Bears and Tampa last time.The season is on the line will see what the Falcon;'s are made of.

After playing Tampa so many times you would think the falcon'w would have some counters for the tampa defense.The Falcon's did score 28 points last time but Tampa still had a good rush.The Falcon's are fighting for there lives so will see how a wounded tiger reacts.I would think it would pump up the falcon's after playing in cold chicago sunday night.

Will the falcon's offensive line get man handled again? Tampa needs this game also so I don't think they will lay down.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:05 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Can DeLo shut Joey Galloway down again?

Can Cadillac be stopped?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:15 pm 

I'm just curious which team will show up and for how long. Will it be the Falcons who were dominant through the first half of the season? Or will it be the Falcons we saw on Sunday night. Or will it be the Falcons we saw against Carolina.

As it stands today I give us a 30% chance of making the playoffs. The first quarter of the Tampa Bay game will tell me if I need to move that to 40% or 0%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:12 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

yup....I am out of the business of prognosticating...every time my confidance in the Falcons gets up I am let down...part of rooting for a young team though...

last week we had our backs against the wall....this week we have to jump that wall cause we are on the other side of it...I hope this fuels our team but we will see...I do know that our players (and Car and NO for that matter) hates TB so maybe they will be fired up and ready to take a game from the Bucs in their own house...it'd be some sweet revenge I know that much...God it was horrible walking out of the Dome when they beat us and hearing all the Tampa fans gloating...hopefully we'll get our turn this week....

it comes down to basics though...blocking, tackling, and limitiing turnovers and penaties...if we can just play with good fundamentals across the board then we are a good team, we've just yet to do that on a consistant basis...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:33 am 

I don't want to make it seem like I don't think the Bucs are a good team, because they are. But I seriously can't fathom this team not being totally fired up for this game. The Bucs will be fired up as well, but 1 win and a Cowboys loss means they are in.

But the Falcons are going to foreign territory with their season on the line against a division rival. No excuse for a slow start. This team shoudl be extremely hungry and emphatically beat the Bucs. We outplayed them last time, just got off to too slow a start to overcome (and our defense had trouble maintaining momentum).

Basically, if we lose this game, I really question the mental toughness of this team and our coaches abilities to motivate them. NOt saying we should get rid of the entire bunch in the off-season, but it's going to dramatically affect how far I expect this team to go in 2006.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:02 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

I'm not looking forward to this game at all....as much as I want us to beat the bucholes, I just don't know that we can do it. :cry: We've not beat a 'good' team all damn year.
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:51 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Interceptor wrote:
I'm not looking forward to this game at all....as much as I want us to beat the bucholes, I just don't know that we can do it. :cry: We've not beat a 'good' team all damn year.
:(

Well then it's our time right now!

I have a good feeling about this game. I say it will be 24-17 Falcons, or somewhere around that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:55 pm 

The way our team has been working as of late I'd say closer to 21-17 or 21-14 on the high end. I still don't think we beat Tampa as it stands right now. I'm expecting and hoping for a commanding win as Pudge has stated. But we've all been here before and we all know how it usually turns out.

Here's hoping the Falcons prove me wrong and make it a very merry and jolly Christmas!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:47 am 

My prediction:

Falcons 27
Bucs 24

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:48 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker