It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ty Law anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:51 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Got to thinking earlier and from the reports I've read and seen it does not look like Ty Law is gonna be back in NY next year....he's getting pretty old but he's still a good player...I am not sure with his age he'll get offered that much money by anyone next year so you guys think he's someone worth looking at? Don't really have an opinion one way or the other yet myself....on one hand he could be a good veteran influence, but again on the other hand he could be a total bust if he starts falling apart phyisically....just wondering what you guys thought....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:53 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I would love to have Ty Law...you know, even if he doesn't play every game, we would be a GREAT mentor to Delo, and a possibly drafted SS or CB this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:19 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Law is a good player, but I'd rather see us pick up a guy that can be left on an island. Law still has the skills to play well in man coverage, but I think the rest of his career as a starter would be best spent in a zone system, where his age and limitations aren't as obvious. The Jets have that. The Falcons play too much zone IMO, and I'd rather see them try to address the position in the draft with some speed.

If the Falcons are going to spend gobs of money on a CB this off-season, I'd much rather it be a guy like Clements, Will Allen, or Charles Woodson, since both are more in the style of corner I'd like to see here. Sam Madison might be an option if the Dolphins cut him. He's lost much of his former skills, but he's the same style of player that D-Lo is and I think would be a good influence on him. 3 more names to keep your eye on are: Ike Taylor, Roderick Hood, and Ricky Manning. All will be RFAs this offseason, and depending on how much their respective teams compensate them with will determine if the Falcons can go after them. All of them are young up and coming corners, particularly Hood that I think would be good fits here.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:24 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Pudge wrote:
Law is a good player, but I'd rather see us pick up a guy that can be left on an island. Law still has the skills to play well in man coverage, but I think the rest of his career as a starter would be best spent in a zone system, where his age and limitations aren't as obvious. The Jets have that. The Falcons play too much zone IMO, and I'd rather see them try to address the position in the draft with some speed.

If the Falcons are going to spend gobs of money on a CB this off-season, I'd much rather it be a guy like Clements, Will Allen, or Charles Woodson, since both are more in the style of corner I'd like to see here. Sam Madison might be an option if the Dolphins cut him. He's lost much of his former skills, but he's the same style of player that D-Lo is and I think would be a good influence on him. 3 more names to keep your eye on are: Ike Taylor, Roderick Hood, and Ricky Manning. All will be RFAs this offseason, and depending on how much their respective teams compensate them with will determine if the Falcons can go after them. All of them are young up and coming corners, particularly Hood that I think would be good fits here.

I say we draft a CB in the 2nd round of the draft...think of the possibility of DeLo and another good young kid...two shutdown corners...amazing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:47 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

If we could get Ty Law for a good price it would be great whether we used him as a CB or SS.