Knapp

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

RdHdBirdFan
Veteran
Veteran

Knapp

Postby RdHdBirdFan » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:07 pm

I swear, not one of the vents against Knapp are mine!

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/spor ... svent.html

mickvick302
Playmaker
Playmaker

Re: Knapp

Postby mickvick302 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:26 am

RdHdBirdFan wrote:I swear, not one of the vents against Knapp are mine!

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/spor ... svent.html

Last one was humorous...Maybe Knapp will see these, and step his play-calling up a knotch, because no one is satisfied with this level of coaching
"It's a privilege to wear this winged helmet," English says. "It's about Michigan today. Show everyone why this is the best program in the country!"

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:46 am

His playcalling this year better have been setting up these last 2 games or people will be calling for his head.

mickvick302
Playmaker
Playmaker

Postby mickvick302 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:47 am

The_Incomparable wrote:His playcalling this year better have been setting up these last 2 games or people will be calling for his head.

Or at least his removal...
"It's a privilege to wear this winged helmet," English says. "It's about Michigan today. Show everyone why this is the best program in the country!"

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:58 pm

Anyone else notice that most of those rants are from completely clueless fans. People threatening to stop getting season tickets because Atlanta might miss the playoffs by one game. Only that guy is hurting himself when Atlanta continues to post 8-8 and better seasons for the next decade.

Yeah we've been up and down this year. At times the players and the coaching have been horrible. But that happens. Above all else Atlanta is one of the younger teams in the NFL and they are good enough to go to the playoffs last year, make or just miss the playoffs this year, and they got tons of experience for young players that are primarily reserves. This team will be much better next season. Especially as some players come back from injuries. I still think this team is 2 impact players (and maybe an offensive line) away from going the distance.

The only Falcons really drawing my ire are Knapp & Donatell. They aren't allowing their players to play to their strengths. They are forcing them to play in a system and not to their strengths. As the players go only Carpenter & McClure/Shaffer really have me frustrated. Carp was an experiment and a failed one; I'm surprised he's still starting. We need to replace McClure or at least move Lehr over to Center. I don't think Shaffer is good enough to return as a starting tackle. I'd like to see a veteran tackle take over for him. Beyond that our only problem is depth a DE and Corner. We have plenty of solid backups at safety, just no starters!
Fear the BEARD!

Return to “The Huddle”