It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can't take that "other" board anymore!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:44 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Hi all,
I decided to come over here because I can't take that other board anymore.
Too many bitter philly trolls there rejoicing in the fact that the Falcons are out of the playoffs. Also, tampa trolls on there talking about how they dominated us Saturday. Looked like a pretty even game to me and I even congratulated them on the win but a bunch of classless idiots had to come on there and gloat.
Enough about that though, I'm here because I want to talk Falcon football and discuss where we go from here and what people think we need in the off season. Our team has tremendous upside and I think the NFC south story will be quite different next year.
Also, who are you guys picking in the playoffs? I think I'll root for da bears since my wife is originally from the Chicago area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:10 pm 
Starter
Starter

Nice to know ya Crumplerfan1. I pretty new here myself and I have just left a baord infested with Tampa zelots so I hear ya. Hope we develop into good friends.

Everyone here seems to be very knowledgable about the Falcons so if Falcon talk is what your looking for, your in the right place I think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:37 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Welcome Crump, I think you've found the right place. No trolls here.

As for who I'm rooting for in the playoffs, I'm going to root for the Bengals, because I love Chad Johnson. I don't think they're going to do much, but I'd still love to see CJ in Detroit come February.

In the NFC, I'm going to go with the Panthers. Yeah, I know blasphemy! But I really respect the Panthers. I like John Fox, and a number of their players (particularly Peppers). Also, I had predicted back in August that I expected the Panthers to beat the Colts in the Super Bowl, and I guess just so I can say "told you so" is a big reason why I'll push for the Panthers to win.

You'll find a number of differing opinions about what this team's needs are. You can browse a number of the recent posts to see what people think.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Where to go from here
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:04 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Personally I think the release of Travis Hall in the offseason and the injury to Brady Smith has hurt our team the most. We need to patch up the right side so teams will stop scheming the double team on Coleman and Kerney. Our pass rush wasn't nearly as effective this year. Lavalais has contributed along with Shrosphire and Davis, but we need that "presence" guy to disrupt and keep teams honest.

Hopefully we can pull the trigger on some nice free agents this offseason. Mike Green is going to be let go by the Bears and he can create Havoc in centerfield at safety. It will also help once Hartwell returns. I am interested to see what he can really do.

We are going to need to beef up. Have yall looked at our schedule next year? Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Giants, Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles, Lions, and either Seattle or St. Louis! Not to mention the NFC South. It is going to be a hard road. Give us a couple of years though and we are going to be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:21 pm 

Well it's actually Arizona or St. Louis on the schedule, but I think you're right. Green would be a last option IMO. He's just not as strong a run stopper as I'd like to get. But 3 veterans that might be cut that I think could help immensely are:

Tony Parrish (played for Mora in San Fran)
Lawyer Milloy
Shaun Williams

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:00 pm 

Officialy 06 Schedule

The Regulars
Carolina, Tampa, New Orleans x2

Home
Dallas, New York Giants, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NFC West (I though it was the champion which Seattle is?)

Away
Philly, Washington, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Detroit

Looking at the schedule I can see at least three really difficult games (Pittsburgh, Cincy, Seattle) and plenty of good games against upper-tier opponnents (Washington, Philly, NY, Dallas, Tampa, Carolina), and just enough cream-puffs (Cleveland, Detroit, New Orleans).

Solid schedule although this years squad makes me wonder if it would be a struggle to 8-8 again. However, Atlanta gets some good work outs against AFC squads and if they can beat them I'm feeling good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:18 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Pudge wrote:
Welcome Crump, I think you've found the right place. No trolls here.

As for who I'm rooting for in the playoffs, I'm going to root for the Bengals, because I love Chad Johnson. I don't think they're going to do much, but I'd still love to see CJ in Detroit come February.

In the NFC, I'm going to go with the Panthers. Yeah, I know blasphemy! But I really respect the Panthers. I like John Fox, and a number of their players (particularly Peppers). Also, I had predicted back in August that I expected the Panthers to beat the Colts in the Super Bowl, and I guess just so I can say "told you so" is a big reason why I'll push for the Panthers to win.

You'll find a number of differing opinions about what this team's needs are. You can browse a number of the recent posts to see what people think.

AFC i'm going for Denver, out of respect for their entire D and their O-Line
NFC I'm going for Chicago, out of respect for their stellar D, and they haven't been there sense who knows how long...I would love to see them win it all.

Post subject: Pulling for
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:17 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Tony Parrish is very underrated. I think we will go after him espeacially since Mora has coached him. Lawyer Malloy his reputation proceeds him. I think anyone would be better than the guys we have now. I thought Scott was going to be a stud when we drafted him but it seems as if he is a little soft.

As for the playoffs; I think my teams that I am going to cheer for are the Bengals (because I put $20 on them in Vegas last April (79/1), ha) and the Redskins (because all of my friends root for them). It sucks that we can't talk about us in the post-season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:02 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Well, I agree that the defense definitely needs some help. D-line, safety, the other corner besides Hall, you name it, but I'm going to scream if they don't get Vick some better pass blocking and protection in the O-line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:06 pm 

We'll play the 3rd place team in the NFC West, because we're the 3rd place team in the South.

That will be either Arizona or St. Louis, based on this week's game.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:19 am 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Hi everyone,

I also just left the "other" board due to the non-stop Anti-Vick threads. From reading over this forum over the past couple of days, it seems like you guys are a LOT better. Here's to a great offseason!! :mrgreen:

“Mike Vick is one of the most unselfish teammates you'll ever see, because he truly doesn't care about his numbers. As long as I've known him, every time someone says he can't do something or sets up barriers, he leaps over them.”
— Keion Carpenter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:20 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Crumplerfan1 wrote:
Well, I agree that the defense definitely needs some help. D-line, safety, the other corner besides Hall, you name it, but I'm going to scream if they don't get Vick some better pass blocking and protection in the O-line.

You know I agree with you on that one and I'm glad you found us! Welcome aboard. I can assure you that the ego wars over there don't happen here, it's all about football here...