It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TO to the Bucs possibly your opinions?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:45 pm 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2283783

Sorry I will go back and get the info but here is the link.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Here is the info
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:48 pm 

I think TO would either rip the team apart or if contract is based on incentives could put then as a legit super bowl contender.What are the falcon's going to do if this happens sit back?

Yes, Keyshawn Johnson drove Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden nuts in Tampa, but league sources say don't be surprised if the Bucs seriously consider signing Terrell Owens, who will be released by the Philadelphia Eagles by next month, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported.

Owens

The Bucs are lured by the idea of adding another big play receiver for young quarterback Chris Simms. The obstacles: The salary cap and Gruden somehow excusing what T.O. did to his friend Andy Reid.

Owens came to the Eagles in March 2004 after eight sometimes-controversial seasons in San Francisco. He was suspended last month for a series of infractions and critical public comments about quarterback Donovan McNabb and the organization, dating to his offseason demands for a new contract. An arbitrator later upheld the team's decision to deactivate him for the remainder of the season.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:57 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Great. Then we would get to see DHall shut him down twice a season!!!

Post subject: What about the other receivers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:42 pm 

So hall covers owens that leaves webster to guard Clayton or galloway.We still come up short!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:10 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Until we fix our secondary we will always come up short. We have to do something about it. Hall is our man but he can't do it all. That's why DE and CB/S will be our top priorities in the draft, unless we can get some veteran players to sign with us in FA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:50 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

He's destroyed every team he's touched so I'm fully in favor of him becoming a Buc... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:07 am 

Chucky couldn't handle Keyshawn how in the hell does he think he will handle Owens? In addition to that he doesn't have any team 'handlers' like Warren Sapp who will get into someones face.

Won't happen and if it does it will be Keyshawn all over again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:06 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

After Gruden ran Keyshawn out of town, I would be shocked to see them go after another malcontent...especailly when they drafted Clayton in the 1st round & Galloway has shown himself to still be a legit #1 WR in the league.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:43 pm 
Starter
Starter

T.O. would have a field day with young Chris Simms-Mcnabb nor Garcia (both more etsablished Qb's) could handle him. I don't see Tampa putting their young QB in a potentially horrible situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:00 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I have the suspicion we're going to hear a lot of teams "linked" to possible interest in OWens, including this team although anybody with real insight and knowledge will realize that there is absolutely no chance T.O. winds up here.

I'm sure the Bucs will contemplate signing T.O. for about 8 minutes, but then they'll move on. Look at the article one more time, it's total speculation on the part of Chris Mortensen. Never in it doesn't he indicated this info comes from a source.

It basically translates to:

"The Bucs are so interested into adding another WR that they may consider T.O."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:16 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I sure hope the Bucs don't sign TO, while Deangello can cover him reasonably, it would def. put a lot more pressure on our defense. As much as I don't like the media sensationalism that comes with TO, he is one darn good WR

“Mike Vick is one of the most unselfish teammates you'll ever see, because he truly doesn't care about his numbers. As long as I've known him, every time someone says he can't do something or sets up barriers, he leaps over them.”
— Keion Carpenter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:18 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I dont really care either way. It would be interesting to see TO destroy Tampa though....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:25 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

thing is, I don't think TO really destroyed the Eagles, injuries did. The media had just as much of a negative impact on the Eagles as TO ever did. Did anyone read the whole script? They did a VERY good job in conering TO for a really nice sensationalist story. Remember, the media has to sell stories and make them look as controversial as possible, look at reality TV? Which would be better for the media? A war between TO and McNabb, or TO and McNabb actually getting along? The media and their BS is what destroyed the relationship between TO and McNabb

“Mike Vick is one of the most unselfish teammates you'll ever see, because he truly doesn't care about his numbers. As long as I've known him, every time someone says he can't do something or sets up barriers, he leaps over them.”
— Keion Carpenter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:33 am 

Yes, without ESPN, the rift between T.O. and McNabb would never have grown to the point it did. I'm not saying T.O. was faultless, but if not for the frequent opportunities ESPN gave him to knock Donovan with TV face time, that thing never would have imploded the way it did.

ESPN gave T.O. and Rosenhaus a platform to what they did, which in the end resulted in a very distraction-heavy season for the Eagles.

I'm not saying ESPN is to blame or even more so than T.O. because bottom line it was T.O. & Rosenhaus who kept widening the rift, but ESPN basically gave them the hammer and chisel to keep pounding away at it. It's definitely a case of the media in the hopes of getting a better story, exasperating the situation.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:29 am 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

exactly, and people LOVED it. Why do you think everyone loves reality TV so much? people love drama and backstabbing

— Keion Carpenter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:32 pm 

IMO, reality television was the first time I thought we are actually close to witnessing the birth of the anti-christ. The 7th circle of hell opened up and started to release demons onto the planet earth fueled by the ridiculousness that is reality television.

Damn you MTV!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:52 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

hopefully, Cap room will keep TO off the Bucs. I really don't want to see the Falcons lose to them twice again :cry:

— Keion Carpenter