All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ATL sports talk radio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:40 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

i know that the goal of sports talk is to talk about everything to do with
the sports world ,but i heard something today on 680 the fan in atl
that well kind of made me mad.

they were askin listeners to choices between Mora, McKay, and Blank who you would get rid of if you had to get rid of one.

i know they just wanted in put and keep sayin over and over NOT to get rid of any. Still we have one of the best seasons in ATL history and they get this going on the air?

The nexto topic was Dunn, Duckett, or Griffin. Come on cant we just praise this team and be happy.

We are not in New York or LA, lets be happy with the sucess and not put this team down. We get that enought with ESPN and other Media outlets.

I reliaze i might be takin this personal, as i have worked in radio before and would love to do so again. But when is enough enough ?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Just A Slow Day
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:43 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Just ignore them unless they have a guest you might want to listen to. At best, they just pass the time while you might be in traffic or bored at work. They know nothing and really have no more insight that the average fan.

Consider, its late January, the Falcons are out of it, Eagle fans are calling somewher else, Braves haven't gone to camp, Hawks suck, Who wants to talk Golf in Atlanta in January, Hockey is locked out, that racing thing with cars hasn't really got started yet, not much else is going on in Atlanta besides politics, shootings, & traffic. So what do the radio sports jocks talk about?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:06 am 
Veteran
Veteran

John i would say your right
i guess they could take about the womens soccer team
o wait they folded also
there is the top ranked GT basketball
no wait they are not even in the top 25

so i guess traffic and the Georgia Force is all we have for now

god i cant wait til next NFL season

atleast i am a huge baseball fan and the Braves will help pass the time til than

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:30 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I too think I would take that personal nate. I can understand the Duckett/Dunn/Griffith thing to a degree because there at least has to be some discussion on who is going to be our feature RB of the future. Is the team going to be a 2-headed (or 3-headed?) backfield for the next several years?

But with Mora/McKay/Blank, that discussion simply implies that the Falcons are at home and not headed to Jacksonville because 1 or more of those guys didn't quite do as good a job as the other(s). It doesn't mean that I loved every decision that these guys made over the past year, but I wouldn't say any of them were not good enough.

But I will say that among the trio, the person I like the best is Mora. I wasn't enamored with the Mora-hire from the start, but I felt he was ready and I was willing to give him 2-3 years in Atlanta to prove that he belonged. Honestly, from what I've seen of Mora and heard from him, I think he would be a person that I personally would not care for. Not saying he's a bad guy, he just doesn't seem like my kind of guy, i.e. we probably wouldn't be pals if he lived next door to me. But I do think that his personality makes him a very able/prepared for the rigors of being a head coach in the NFL. He has his father's fire, but it isn't as "misdirected" as his dad's was.

I think I'm probably most critical of McKay, since I feel that personnel/GM duties are my personal "expertise," but I do have great faith in McKay's ability to build a winning team and structure a great organization.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:03 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Well, I heard the "game" yesterday while driving home. You have to take into account that the guy doing the questions is a die-hard PHI fan and complete asshole. I think he was doing this in order to have some fun bashing the Falcons or cause decension among the ranks, but he tried to make it sound like he was simply looking at who is viewed as the most valuable person to the organization. Sometimes I wonder why I ever listen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:14 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Jagstangs i agree i usually listen to 790 the zone
but it did get my intrest as i wanted to hear where it was going

yes he is a big phil fan but it still made me mad to hear that.
790 is much more up to date and open to all ideas when it comes to sports

if those who dont live in atl and can listen via sat. or internet

you really should check out the 2 live stew m-f 1pm til 4 pm

the are very funny and very good

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:01 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

[/quote]you really should check out the 2 live stew m-f 1pm til 4 pm the are very funny and very good[/quote]

Agree with that. Those guys put on a show. Unfortunately, the 790 AM radio signal in Macon is weak compared to 680. I listen to the 'stews' when I'm closer or in Atlanta.

Profile E-mail