It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:58 pm 

I think having Shockley and Randall on the depth chart opens up a ridiculous amount of trick play options. Realistically all three could go on the field at a myriad of positions at the same time. It would be very enjoyable to watch and DC's thought it was hard to lock down Vick by himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:30 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The kid from UAB looked pretty good at times too.....

He's really short (5'11) but some scouts say his high release point can over come his height...now I don't know about all that but he had a quick release and a strong arm....he was pretty accurate too...I don't remember the dudes name, but he's another one that will be availabe day 2....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:36 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Darrell Hackney

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scouti ... ckney.html

http://uabsports.collegesports.com/spor ... ell00.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:01 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

good job vickis....many thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:22 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I don't think we would go into next season with those 3 as our options at QB. If we deal Schaub we WILL sign a veteran backup QB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:51 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I'd prefer a vet, but the last time we gambled on drafting a young QB to be a back-up we didn't do to bad.... :D

(that said I totally acknowledge we got a little lucky with that one)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:31 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'd be shocked if Shockley got picked before the 6th round. Fact is, Shockley had a very poor Senior Bowl by most accounts. He is a good player, but I don't see anything really special in him.

I'm definitely against drafting another QB. They take too long to develop and that's if they develop at all, and the Falcons will need help at the #2 job right away, not 3 years from now.

Unless the Falcons can find a pretty solid QB that played in a very similar offense in college, then I'm against drafting a guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:00 pm 

If the Falcons deal Schuab you can almost be sure that we will draft another quarterback. The ONLY exception I see to this is if Atlanta thinks Randall is good enough to be a project quarterback. He didn't see any time on the field in the pre-season and never made the 55-man during the regular season. So I doubt that Atlanta would consider that an option.

Did we even send him to NFL Europe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:50 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Actually Randall did play in the preseason. Vs. the ravens he rushed 2 times for -2 yards http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050813_BAL@ATL

He had 3 rushes for 7 yards vs. the Jaguars http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20050825_ATL@JAC

So it is documanted that he atleast played in 2 out of our 5 preseason games. And I also believe he playe din another game put did nothing bnut turn around and hand it off....so no stats for him in that game.

But I like your idea Dirty......we should send him Europe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:55 pm 

I think the Falcons are not sending him to Europe because they want him to learn the playbook better because maybe, just maybe he might throw a pass at some point in his Falcon career.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:24 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I think Anthony Wright would be a solid signing for us as would Jeff Garcia if he doesn't find a starters job somewhere. We have a lot of options.

Kitna? Do you think Cinci will let him get away considering the injury to Palmer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:01 pm 

I can't see Garcia settling here unless there is absolutely no other offers elsewhere. Some team, is probably going to offer him an opportunity to at least challenge for the starting position. Here, he has no chance of challenging, and his only hope for playing time is if/when Vick gets hurt. Now considering how fragile #7 is, that's not a bad opportunity. But considering how many teams are out there looking for quality #2s with questionable starters, you have to think one of those teams is going to offer Garcia a 1-year contract.

A team like Oakland, St. Louis, Arizona, San Francisco, etc. I could see offering him a contract. Basically if he is still unsigned come draft day, that would be the only chance I'd see him settling for Atlanta.

Wright I believe would be a good option for us. Not a great option, but should fit into the offense. Can throw, can run, and has spent time playing the WCO the past 4 years, so it's not a new thing. He was 6-6 as a starter entering 2005, but was 2-5 this past year giving him a career recod of 8-11. Over a 16-game schedule, that amounts to about 6.7 wins, which I think is very respectable for any backup QB.

I'd be very surpsied if Kitna shows up on our radar. Unlike some other veterans who may have to hope for a 1-year contract, Kitna is likely to get a multi-year deal and a chance to start somewhere in the NFL. Most are saying Baltimore is a likely destination. If not them, then maybe Miami, but probably someplace that is looking for a veteran to start, not just challenge for the job.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:13 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I think if we can get a 1st round pick for schuab, we need to take it. We have a bunch of positions that we need to strengthen and 2 1st round picks would def. help out. Schuab is going to get his chance to start somewhere whether it be this year or next year. If we can get something for him instead of just having him sign with another team next year, I do not see how we can pass that up. I agree that we can't take anything less then a 1st round pick or it would be foolish but I am pretty positive we will get that from someone.

I hope to God that we do not sign Marcus too which no one mentioned. Michael has a lot of influence so I wouldnt be surprised if we took him late in the draft. I honestly think we should trade schuab, promote randell and pick a non mobile QB anywhere from 3rd-5th roudn in the draft. I am not a huge college football fan so I do not know what kind of depth is out there but they did a hell of a job getting schuab in the 3rd 2 years ago. Anyway I havent posted on here in a while and just wanted to throw my my ideas out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:27 pm 

We'll see how Marcus Vick thing shapes up. But I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Baby Vick not get any consideration here in Atlanta just because his older brother wants him.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:36 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

apparently there is a rumor going around that Miami offered us Ricky Williams in exchange for Shauby....now I don't really believe that rumor, nor do I believe our front office would even think of going for that if it really had been offered...none the less I thought it was interesting enough to share...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:16 pm 

Steve-O wrote:
apparently there is a rumor going around that Miami offered us Ricky Williams in exchange for Shauby....now I don't really believe that rumor, nor do I believe our front office would even think of going for that if it really had been offered...none the less I thought it was interesting enough to share...

If that was actually true I'd like to think Atlanta jumped on it. Yeah he doesn't fit the character portion of the Falcon filter but you don't pass up on a runningback like that. I'd be willing to bet that Miami could get more than Schuab from another team though. Probably a pick and a decent young QB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:59 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Ricky is a liability that is going to expect to get paid....no thanks...

and honestly I don't think the Dolphins will see more than a 2nd rounder for him because the value of a rb, especially an older rb, and furthermore an older rb with an long history of issues both on and off the field, isn't going to be very high...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:05 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Steve-O wrote:
Ricky is a liability that is going to expect to get paid....no thanks...

He's also a liability that WILL test positive again. And probably sooner rather than later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:28 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yea, I'd have to say no to Ricky. His heart is not in football and I do not want a player on my team that does not have a passion for the game on my team. I want 53 players who all feel the same special love for the game. Players like TO and Ricky who only play the game to get paid should be kept far far away from our locker room.

53 football FANS, thats what I want. (Talent helps alot too :wink:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:32 am 

Yeah, Ricky is too big a question mark. He's a guy that if he is traded to a new team, what if he doesn't like the coach or his teammates, or the system/scheme? Is he going to quit again.

Money is the only glue that holds him to the league. And from what happened in Miami, it seems obvious that glue is not very strong.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:10 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

I think Randall can get it done and I really hope we get to see him play this preseason and hopefully make the team as the #3 QB...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:34 pm 

I have little faith in Randall. A good college QB that has had his NFL wasted because he did not get much needed work at QB during his rookie year. Now his learning curve is going to be infinitely hire. Although he definitely projected to the NFL much better than these two, I believe his career now will go the way of Ronald Curry & Woody Dantzler.

If Randall was going to NFL Europe this spring, i would have a bit more faith. I have never heard of a QB going on to have a solid NFL career at that position after getting little work at the position in his first year. The Falcons would be better off at this point to try and use him at WR or S.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:19 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Hey Dirty, still want Ricky?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2336760

We'll have to wait untill the 07 season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:18 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

What a complete & total moron. Wow.