It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Falcon Updates
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:41 pm 

Falcons | Mathis faces a long road back
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:06:58 -0800

George Henry, writing for the Sporting News, reports Atlanta Falcons CB Kevin Mathis (knee) still faces a long road to recovery from major reconstructive knee surgery five months ago. He tore the MCL and PCL and also damaged the posterior capsule. Mathis might find it hard to run, jump and tackle as effectively as he did beforehand. In all likelihood doctors and trainers won't allow him to return to the field with the team until camp opens in July, which would put him behind on the team's depth chart.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Falcons | Coleman will have to skip the Pro Bowl
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:41:04 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports Atlanta Falcons DT Rod Coleman will have to skip the Pro Bowl due to the death of his grandfather George Brown. Our condolences go out to Coleman's family and friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Falcons | Johnson moves to an assistant's role
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:39:20 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports former Atlanta Falcons WR Billy "White Shoes" Johnson was named the team's assistant strength and conditioning coach Tuesday, Feb. 7, moving from the front office post he has held for 13 seasons. Johnson will work with newly hired strength coach Sal Alosi. Johnson replaces Rocky Colburn, who took over as the head strength and conditioning coach at the University of Alabama.

------------------------------------------------------

Falcons | D. Hall cleared for the Pro Bowl
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:38:13 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports Atlanta Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall (shoulder) has been medically cleared to play in the Pro Bowl. Hall had an operation to repair his left shoulder, which he separated in a Week 15 loss to Tampa Bay. Hall said his shoulder is close to being full strength.

---------------------------------------------------------

Falcons | Crumpler cleared for the Pro Bowl
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:29:04 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports Atlanta Falcons TE Alge Crumpler (knee) has been medically cleared to play in the Pro Bowl. Crumpler had surgery on his knee to clean out particles and repair minor damage. "I came out here to play," said Crumpler, who has been rehabilitating at team headquarters in Flowery Branch. "I don't plan on having any setbacks, and I've made good progress."

-----------------------------------------------------

When the Falcons go to New Orleans on September 27th this year it will be the first game back in the Superdome for the Saints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:29 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

David GA: I read a rumor that the falcons are thinking of trading Schaub or Duckett. I just want to know if any of the two are true.

Mort: (12:46 PM ET ) I don't think Duckett has a future in Atlanta, whatever that means (trade or release). I don't think the Falcons will trade Matt Schaub.

-----

Mike (Boca Raton): Are the Falcons concerned with Mike Vick's development as a passer? If yes, then do they start to worry about his ability to be a franchise QB if he doesn't make a marked improvement over last year?

Mort: (12:55 PM ET ) I think Vick has a big year ahead of him and the hiring of Bill Musgrave as QB coach was big in terms of just settlging in as a consistent passer. But the young WRs having one more year is going to be big, too. Still, let's remember that Vick is barely 6-foot tall, which is why the Falcons (contrary to perception) do some creative things with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:24 pm 

widetrak21 wrote:
Still, let's remember that Vick is barely 6-foot tall, which is why the Falcons (contrary to perception) do some creative things with him.

Hmmm... I wonder if they make elevator-cleats. :)