It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kyle Turley
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:41 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

It was reported during Senior Bowl week that former Rams/Saints OT Kyle Turley was expecting to make a return to the NFL this year, but instead as a tight end.

It was reported last June that his weight had fallen to somewhere around 250. I'd suspect he'd be anywhere now between 250 and 275.

As you may recall, Turley missed the '04 season with a back injury after 6 years in the league (5 with Saints, 1 with Rams). At the time of his arrival in St. Louis, he was widely considered to be the best right tackle in the NFL.

Truth be told, despite Turley's "attitude" issues, he would have made a prototype linemen in Gibbs scheme. He's strong as an ox, moves well, is very athletic, and first and foremost has that mean streak that Gibbs loves. But since the back injury cost him the past 2 years of football, he's lost a lot of weight.

But if he were to return to the league as a tight end, he'd be a great blocking tight end. I'd love to have him instead of Eric Beverly.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Kyle Turley
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:25 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
It was reported last June that his weight had fallen to somewhere around 250. I'd suspect he'd be anywhere now between 250 and 275.

But if he were to return to the league as a tight end, he'd be a great blocking tight end. I'd love to have him instead of Eric Beverly.

This brings me back to the issue of steroids Pudge. It's inevitable that some guys that were usuing roids would lose weight and it's assumable that Turley is one of those guys. I was chastised at the other place last off season for suggesting players would become lighter because of the testing for roids and Congress' attention given to the problem recently. Turley vindicates my point perfectly. Watch for ALL NFL teams to go to lighter O-lines and then we'll know for certain. There'll always be the 330 pound fat guy like Warren Sapp or the Goose,...but in time we'll see more and more 285 pound guys manning both lines, I do believe.

And yeah,...Beverly, a former O-lineman was a disappointment in what he was chosen to do,...block. Turley would be an improvement, agreed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:50 pm 

I would love to sign Turley. I really hoped Atlanta could have had him for a decent price when the Saints traded him but that was a dream. I absolutely love the fire and passion that Turley has.

He might not pass the Falcon filter though. He would have Vick's back for sure and wouldn't have any problems throwing helments if a defender did something stupid. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:27 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

He'd definately bring some fire and spunk to our team that's for sure....

Not really sure what I think about him though...what kind of money is he gonna expect and is he worth that much to us as a #2 TE?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:45 pm 

I'm sure Gibbs can 'convience' Turley to move back to Tackle. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:35 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

well if Turley can bulk back up and is willing to play tackle then I am all for it....I'd love nothing more than to say good-bye to Kevin "Turn-style" Shaffer