It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike Williams and Ahmed Plummer cut today would you get one?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:03 am 

Mike williams the off tackle from the Bills and Ahmed Plummer the corner were cut today by there teams.Do the falcon's go after one? Probably the main reason they were cut is there salary.I am not sure what they made but usually it is because of salary and both used to be good players,maybe they are.If we could sign one within reason it could help the Falcon's.I do not think we have alot of money to use even if we cut a few players but stranger things have happened.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:17 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm sorry, but Mike Williams, why should we even think about him? He had 2 years under the person who is widely considered the best offensive line teacher in the league: Jim McNally, and only made slight improvement. He was outplayed by Jason Peters, a player that didn't really play OT until a year ago.

Williams is fat, and is a player that I've always thought was overrated just because of his sheer size. When you looked at Williams back when he was coming out and Leonard Davis when he was coming out, Davis was so much better than Williams. Williams was just big and powerful, that's all he had. No balance, no technique, and no consistency. And to this day, that's all he's ever been.

If anything, I'd move him to DT and try to make him a run stuffer.

Plummer would be an option. Two years ago, I would have said let's get Plummer instead of Webster. But now, I wouldn't be so quick to make the judgement. He's been nothing but a disappointment since the day Webster left San Fran. I might sign him if he's willing to accept nickel CB money.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Interesting info!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:31 am 

Just trying to find some info on williams doesn't sound good for him.I can't find any articles where anyone has said anything good about him so I think we should pass on him.I was looking at Williams and just thinking what he could do with gibbs coaching but Gibbs likes lighter off linemen that have agility.Maybe Williams quits eating the hostess twinkies and gets serious now.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:49 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

In a different system Williams would make a pretty good gaurd....he's just not quick enough to play tackle...

Plummer might be worth looking at but he gets hurt more often than Webster so I wouldn't give him any kind of real money....

in FA we need to target safeties, our lines, and maybe a RB...use the draft to get the corners...they are to darn expensive to pay for them in free agency...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:12 am 

The Bills switched Williams to OG at midseason this past year. Obviously, they weren't too impressed with his performance nor his upside, so they dumped him. It was a bit unfair for Williams to be up and moved to a brand new position in the middle of the year.

If Williams committed to dropping 20-30 pounds and playing under 340 or so, then he might start to prove his potential. Williams would be adequate if he were in that weight range, but until they day he is, the Falcons and most other NFL teams should pass.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:59 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I heard that they moved him but he pitched a fit about it....he apparently didn't want to take the paycut that came with moving to OG....

I don't really want him, but I think he's still got potential...whether or not he ever lives up to it is another thing...