Ryan Clark to be cut

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

dirtybirdnw

Ryan Clark to be cut

Postby dirtybirdnw » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:04 pm

Certainly worth a look at and has been a young emerging talent since finding a home in Washington. I think he'd fit in well here in Atlanta.

Redskins | Clark likely to hit the open market
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 05:36:02 -0800

David Elfin, of the Washington Times, reports Washington Redskins S Ryan Clark is likely to hit the free-agent market March 3. "I want to be here, and the Redskins have let me know they want me back, but we have a lot of cap trouble," Clark said. "We have to figure out a way to make something work that's in both of our best interests. The money doesn't even have to be equal. It just has to be close to what someone else offers for me to stay."
Fear the BEARD!

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:43 am

When Clark was cut by the Giants 2 years ago, I wanted the Falcons to get him. He's a good run stopper. Not a star, but a decent starting safety. I think we could do better in both the draft or free agency, but I wouldn't be opposed to having him now if the price is right.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

MadBirdMike
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MadBirdMike » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:18 pm

Pudge wrote:...but I wouldn't be opposed to having him now if the price is right.

With the Falcon's current salary, that is the problem. What can we expect from the draft and free agency if they can't find some cap room?

Return to “The Huddle”