Duckett to New England

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Duckett to New England

Postby Pudge » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:51 pm

I just looked it up and the Pats OC Josh McDaniels was at Mcihigan State in 1999 and 2000, with those being Duckett's freshman and sophomore years there.

The Pats could be in the market for a new RB since Corey Dillon sucked this past year, and the team have a revolving door at that position this year with FBs like Patrick Pass, Heath Evans earning starts there. The Pats have two 3rd round picks (#75 and #86), so I think they would be much more willing to part ways with a 1st day pick than other teams that have been considered possible destinations.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

MadBirdMike
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MadBirdMike » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:16 pm

With the Falcons retaining McCrary, maybe.

FalconsAreTheBest
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby FalconsAreTheBest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:50 pm

This is one of the few trade rumors that actually make sense to me.

Did you come up with this Pudge, or do you have a source for the rumor? Either way it does make more sense then 90% of the trade "ideas" people have on here.
Yep

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:21 pm

Well, I personally came up with the connection of McDaniels and Duckett. I won't claim to be the absolute first, but I have not seen any such connection before.

It's not the first time Duckett has been connected to New England. I believe in previous threads discussing his trade, myself and others have mentioned New England as being a good fit and destination because of their offense and need at the position for a powerful young RB.

But I'm unaware of anybody making a connection between McDaniels and Duckett. I recall last year a few people connecting Duckett & Saban about a possible trade, surrounding whether the Dolphins would take a RB or QB in Round 1 last year, thinking that they could draft a QB and still get a quality RB.

But I did Google Josh McDaniels, Duckett, and trade, and saw nothing that connected the dots, so yes I would say I am the author of this rumor :)
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “The Huddle”