DE Need/Market?

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

widetrak21
Superstar
Superstar

DE Need/Market?

Postby widetrak21 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:03 pm

- I guess on some level I was hoping the Falcons would be able to swing a DE through F.A. If you look at the last paragraph, whose left at that position? I'd really like to see us make a play for Abraham, but we need a vet safety even worse I'm afraid.

Defensvie end Kalimba Edwards has re-signed with the Detroit Lions for five years and $20 million, with $8 million in guarantees.

Edwards visited the Browns, was to meet with the Falcons, and his agent, Kennard McGuire, had scheduled a trip to Oakland. Edwards decided to return to Detroit after being impressed by new coach Rod Marinelli and defensvie coordinator Donnie Henderson's recruiting efforts.

Despite being a part-time player, he moved to the head of the list among free agent defensive ends after Andre Carter went to the Redskins, Trevor Pryce went to the Ravens and Darren Howard went to the Eagles.

FalconsAreTheBest
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby FalconsAreTheBest » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:14 pm

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=64&p=9&c=1 ... =16&pid=23

Here is a list of FA DE's. It needs to be updated however as they have Edwards and howard unsigned.
Yep

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:58 pm

There are basically only 2 starting DEs left available:

Kenard Lang
Brady Smith

If you don't count Abraham.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “The Huddle”