It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diem off the market
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:21 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Well as I'm sure many are aware by now, Ryan Diem has re-signed with the Indianapolis Colts. Reportedly, he signed a 7-yr. contract worth over $36 million and includes a signing bonus of more than $10 million.

That right there shows just how expensive offensive tackles are. OTs, QBs, WRs, CBs, and DEs are among the most expensive positions in free agency, and if at all possible, you should avoid signing players at those positions, rather allow the draft to fill those voids. Other positions like RB, DT, S, and LB are also going up in price as well. And those too are positions that are usually pretty deep from year to year in drafts as well.

That basically leaves TE, OG, OC, and K and P as the ideal positions to fill in free agency, because those are the cheapest positions to sign on a general basis.

Now that Diem is off the market, there is really no OT that I feel would be a good fit here in Atlanta. Unless the Bucs release Derrick Deese, I really don't see any free agent as the type of player that can come in here and potentially start at LT. We've discussed Wahle before, but I think he'd make a better OG and OT.

Profile E-mail