Falcons Resign Peterson

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

DaveWaz
Superstar
Superstar

Falcons Resign Peterson

Postby DaveWaz » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:35 pm

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... L0sA59ubfA

Guess who's back, back again! We have Lofa's replacement
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!

RobertAP
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Falcons Resign Peterson

Postby RobertAP » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:47 am

Yeah, when my wife told me about this today, I asked her if we cut Tatapu. She didn't know. Apparently, we have not cut him yet.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Re: Falcons Resign Peterson

Postby Pudge » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:41 am

We don't need to cut him. The roster spot was opened by putting Matt Hansen on the NFI list. I don't think the Falcons will cut Tatupu for a couple of days/weeks. They'll have to determine whether the extra roster spot and $450,000 they would save against this year's cap is worthwhile. They will also have to determine if this injury means Tatupu will want to continue playing. If Tatupu decides to hang it up, then you can probably expect an injury settlement to come. But if Tatupu wants to come back, then the Falcons may resort to the IR, especially if they aren't hurting for the cap.

But if I was a betting man, I would expect the injury settlement to come at some point in early August, particularly if the Falcons have another injury and need the roster spot.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “The Huddle”