JPW?

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

User avatar
fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru
Posts: 5301
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:32 am

JPW?

Postby fun gus » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:45 am

Concerning the scrimmage vs the Titans, reports are JPW stunk up the joint..

I know some think D Davis is a bum, but is JPW even worse?




also, 1st depth chart released:




http://www.atlantafalcons.com/depth-chart/
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

RobertAP
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 4502
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Re: JPW?

Postby RobertAP » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:04 am

Only major surprise from the depth chart is P.Jerry getting the nod at DT. I had thought that it was Peters' job to lose.

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Re: JPW?

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:16 am

fun gus wrote:Concerning the scrimmage vs the Titans, reports are JPW stunk up the joint..

I know some think D Davis is a bum, but is JPW even worse?




also, 1st depth chart released:




http://www.atlantafalcons.com/depth-chart/


They are third string QB's for a reason. They're just not that good. They don't see too many rep's and really only play against other teams defenses in the preseason.

And it really doesn't matter, if the Falcons (or any other team for that matter) get down to their 3rd stringer in the real season...they are screwed.

User avatar
Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Posts: 26396
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:03 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: JPW?

Postby Pudge » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:16 am

The Dreamboat just hasn't developed that much. His anticipation was something that I thought had not quite developed last summer. He was staring down his receivers too much and tipping his reads.

Neither of these guys IMO are viable options as the No. 3. Davis is too raw and needs way too much time to develop. Wilson hasn't developed. The Falcons need to find a No. 3 that can replace Redman sooner rather than later. Thus the hullybaloo about trying to bring in better competition at that position this off-season.

Redman is only about collecting an easy check, not trying to grow as a player.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

User avatar
The Mattural
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:59 pm
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: JPW?

Postby The Mattural » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:02 am

Pudge wrote:The Dreamboat just hasn't developed that much. His anticipation was something that I thought had not quite developed last summer. He was staring down his receivers too much and tipping his reads.

Neither of these guys IMO are viable options as the No. 3. Davis is too raw and needs way too much time to develop. Wilson hasn't developed. The Falcons need to find a No. 3 that can replace Redman sooner rather than later. Thus the hullybaloo about trying to bring in better competition at that position this off-season.

Redman is only about collecting an easy check, not trying to grow as a player.


I must say that Redman is living the dream, field level seats every Sunday all the while collecting over a million dollars in a year. On the subject of JPW I have never liked him and have always wondered why we would never grab a 4th or 5th round QB to develop. I have always disliked Bama QBs my personal theory is that they dont have any money left after they pay the defensive players and RBs :lol: .
The Young Gunner

User avatar
fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru
Posts: 5301
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:32 am

Re: JPW?

Postby fun gus » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 pm

AngryJohnny51 wrote:And it really doesn't matter, if the Falcons (or any other team for that matter) get down to their 3rd stringer in the real season...they are screwed.



In the general sense, yes: they would be screwed long term ( season wise ). BUt if you only need your 3rd stringer for a game or two, guys like Charlie Batch can still get it done, whereas JPW would eat balls.

I would think that there is enough tape on JPW, but not alot with DD, so maybe if we actually HAVE to make that decision, wouldn't JPW be the better option to jettison? :ninja:
"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Re: JPW?

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:25 pm

In the general sense, yes: they would be screwed long term ( season wise ). BUt if you only need your 3rd stringer for a game or two, guys like Charlie Batch can still get it done, whereas JPW would eat balls.


Ya, I hear what you're saying, but how many third string QB's actually have to play throughout the year? Not too many that I can remember, though I'm sure it happens. I guess I just feel that the Falcons have much more to worry about than who the inactive QB is on gameday.

User avatar
The Mattural
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:59 pm
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:

Re: JPW?

Postby The Mattural » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Kerry Mier for3rd string QB :up:
The Young Gunner


Return to “The Huddle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest