It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: boo freekin hoo
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:16 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Cheapest available wheelchair accessible pair of tickets for preseason or regular season Falcons game= 326.00$.
Cheapest accesible tickets for in season Braves game=24.00$.

I understand the market principles and such, but honestly, it sucks donkey balls to try to take a handicapped friend to a damn NFL football game, at least in this city... And I hate donkey balls.

Turner Field, Phillips/Hawks, etc? They got affordable alternatives.

Ga Dome/GWCC?

Got 2 legs and 50$? Come on in! Gotta ride in yer chair? 3 bills + and your buddy can go sit on a folded metal chair next to some other 'handicapped' person that's dancing in the aisles.

This pi$$es me off at a time Arthur wants a new stadium.

*rant off*

I guess it could be worse, I could be a Jags fan :ninja:

Post subject: Re: boo freekin hoo
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:19 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

If the Falcons are the only ones in the NFL who do this, you have a legitimate bitch. If not.......you can't really single out Blank or the Falcons, though it sucks for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:54 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

If it sucks--It Sucks!! We pay for 2 scrimmages too, but we have to make that choice or give up our tickets. I want my tickets for the season so I make the choice to buy the
scrimmages but that choice still sucks.

In this case its the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:56 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Cyril wrote:
AngryJohnny51 wrote:
If the Falcons are the only ones in the NFL who do this, you have a legitimate bitch. If not.......you can't really single out Blank or the Falcons, though it sucks for sure.

If it sucks--It Sucks!!

He has a legitimate bitch regardless, as Cyril said it perfectly. Whether the other 31 teams are doing the wrong thing in the other 30 NFL stadiums doesn't justify anything.

I'm a firm backer of Blank when it comes to football-based criticism he endures from the fan base. But from a financial/economic/price issue, he stands alone. :whistle:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:11 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
Cyril wrote:
AngryJohnny51 wrote:

If it sucks--It Sucks!!

He has a legitimate bitch regardless, as Cyril said it perfectly. Whether the other 31 teams are doing the wrong thing in the other 30 NFL stadiums doesn't justify anything.

I'm a firm backer of Blank when it comes to football-based criticism he endures from the fan base. But from a financial/economic/price issue, he stands alone. :whistle:

there is the kicker. I got my first season tix in 2000 or 2001 when Blank bought the team and ST were 10$....BUt sometime around 2008-2009, they just stopped dealing with 'rollin folks'. Used to be, even in the heyday Vick days when he was winning postseasons games, you could ask to change your ST's for ones in a more expensive section ( where the HC seats are located, downstairs ) and they would do it, or at least 'try'.Maybe you would have to pay a small 'change fee'. I think that happened once in 2008... All that changed after 2008, when Ryan had reborn the franchise.

I've tried certified letters, meeting with Mr Chacos ( the ticket manager) etc, and they all say the same thing.

Keep renewing your ST's, ask for a seating 'change' and hope one of the existing HC holders 'leaves'..I tried that for 3 years and just this year gave up. :down:

I've been an ardent supporter of Blank but this sh*t sucks!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:23 am 
Superstar
Superstar

" Gus Wrote"
Quote:
I tried that for 3 years and just this year gave up.

Geez I know their is no conspiracy but your getting screwed Gus. Their are people relocated to other cities all the time, that give up their tickets. Sincerely don't understand why you have not been moved? I meet new ticket holders all the time who have come from other cities. Even on Tv tonight all those "buy 2 games tickets can't be terrible"?

Well after paying for my season tickets they just went up $100 on parking without even
telling me or asking me? $30 for a parking ticket is better than what I pay for my seats
but they should at least tell me up front?? But I gave up about 5 years ago hoping Blank would do the right thing. The stuff he said on Tv tonight was terrible. He obviously does some good but he tells everybody everything good he's ever done. I
don't really respect that!! As long as he thinks he can replace you its all about him!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 am 
Superstar
Superstar

fun gus wrote:
Got 2 legs and 50$? Come on in! Gotta ride in yer chair? 3 bills + and your buddy can go sit on a folded metal chair...

That is really f'd up. Seriously, WTFuck?

I'd buy 2 regular tickets, and then make a huge scene when they try to shake down the handicapped guy for more money. Now we're talkin' free foam fingers and sodas!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:03 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Cyril wrote:
" Gus Wrote"
Quote:
I tried that for 3 years and just this year gave up.

Geez I know their is no conspiracy but your getting screwed Gus. Their are people relocated to other cities all the time, that give up their tickets. Sincerely don't understand why you have not been moved? I meet new ticket holders all the time who have come from other cities. Even on Tv tonight all those "buy 2 games tickets can't be terrible"?

my issue is buying affordable 'wheelchair accessible' tickets....

I would have no problem otherwise. Here's the deal: the Ga Dome has set aside ( legally required to ) say 500 'handicapped seats', which are located in the lower levels ( which are pricey)..Most folks in a wheelchair dont travel alone to the game, they almost always have a companion.

Back before Ryan, you could buy cheap season tickets, go down to the ticket office before the season started, and trade them in for 2 handicapped seats. Hell, during Petrino they were downright happy about it. In 2008, they did it again, but told me to request a seating change during the offseason. I did just that: but they said there was a 'waiting list' for available handicapped seats.. Then after we went to the playoffs, that stopped. They basically said 'all right, we worked with you before, but there is a limited number of handicapped seats, and we no longer will exchange cheaper Season tickets straight out. You can come down to the ticket office, trade in you upper level season tickets and pay the difference.'

I tried numerous times to get them to work with me, but finally I just gave up.

It just sucks because it's 300$ to go see one freekin game with my buddy, and then when we do go: we see all these people sitting in the accessible sections that aren't even in a wheelchair!

But, I can go see a Braves or Hawks game relatively cheap. :?