It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Holy Crap this Bears/Pack game
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:10 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

I mean, the Packers had this game IN THE BAG, in the 4th, and could have 'run out the clock'

They went for the jugular. It's mop up time now with 9+ mins and they are 23 -3.

Unbelievable, and they are missing one of thier premier weapons.

Ouch. 8-)

Post subject: Re: Holy Crap this Bears/Pack game
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:16 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Between Cutler and Rodgers, a total of 345 yards passing. Not what I expected.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:08 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I didn't see the game thanks to there being no NFL Network in the state of North Carolina and not wanting to go out to a bar and pay.

But Chicago is a lot like Atlanta. You can't trust them in the big games to come through and play up to the level expected of them. Thus why I chose GB in the pick em. The other reason being of course you always take the home team on Thursday night to win. And since everybody has a tendency to overreact to the 1st games of the year, I figured people would be too down on GB and too high on CHI.

Until either team can go up against a top opponent and show me 3+ quarters of competitiveness, they will always be IMO on the outside looking in as far as the NFC Super Bowl picture.

Atlanta has a chance to of course begin to change my opinion with a strong showing vs. Denver. I don't need them to blow out the Broncos, but I do want to see them in control of the majority of the game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:15 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Pudge wrote:
I didn't see the game thanks to there being no NFL Network in the state of North Carolina and not wanting to go out to a bar and pay.

But Chicago is a lot like Atlanta. You can't trust them in the big games to come through and play up to the level expected of them. Thus why I chose GB in the pick em. The other reason being of course you always take the home team on Thursday night to win. And since everybody has a tendency to overreact to the 1st games of the year, I figured people would be too down on GB and too high on CHI.

Until either team can go up against a top opponent and show me 3+ quarters of competitiveness, they will always be IMO on the outside looking in as far as the NFC Super Bowl picture.

Atlanta has a chance to of course begin to change my opinion with a strong showing vs. Denver. I don't need them to blow out the Broncos, but I do want to see them in control of the majority of the game.

Packers never took the foot off of the throat of the Bears. I couldn't believe it.

Now the Panthers are doing the same thing to the Saints. up 35-20 in the 4th, and they are not playing it 'safe'.

It is interesting watching these teams that establish a late game lead, and dont go back to playing Martyball. :ninja:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:47 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

fun gus wrote:
Pudge wrote:

Packers never took the foot off of the throat of the Bears. I couldn't believe it.

Now the Panthers are doing the same thing to the Saints. up 35-20 in the 4th, and they are not playing it 'safe'.

It is interesting watching these teams that establish a late game lead, and dont go back to playing Martyball. :ninja:

oops. 5 minutes left and NOW they are playing it 'safe' :oops: