It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: If I was in Nolan's shoes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:52 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

...I would do something 'Saints-like' and tell our front 4 D to try and stomp on J Stewarts injured toe. Every bottom of the scrum, aim for that toe. Stomp it, kick it, punch it, hell BITE it if you haveta.

I know, not very 'classy'. So, sue me 8-)

Post subject: Re: If I was in Nolan's shoes
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:13 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I'm all for exposing weak players on the opposing team. Seriously, Lofton had a sign on the back of his helmet that said, "throw it this way." However, I'm against intentionally hurting the other team's players. If a defender makes a bang-bang play to try to separate the ball from the receiver, I'm ok with that, that's just a tough play. But there is a big difference in doing that, and going for someone's bum knee, or someone's bum toe.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:31 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

RobertAP wrote:
I'm all for exposing weak players on the opposing team. Seriously, Lofton had a sign on the back of his helmet that said, "throw it this way." However, I'm against intentionally hurting the other team's players. If a defender makes a bang-bang play to try to separate the ball from the receiver, I'm ok with that, that's just a tough play. But there is a big difference in doing that, and going for someone's bum knee, or someone's bum toe.

Well said, Robert!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:08 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Are you that scared of Carolina to the point where you want to injury people like that?

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:42 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Emmitt wrote:
Are you that scared of Carolina to the point where you want to injury people like that?

toe injury? yes.

upper cervical discs? not so much 8-)

Look, I know it's not 'playing fair'. I realize it makes me look like a douche. But, in my sick, twisted world there is a difference between aiming for Peyton's neck or Stewarts toe. Im not saying it's the 'right' thing to do: but it's what I might consider....Because Im a b*tch like that and I really wanna be 4-0 and Carolina doesn't scare me but that dude does. Im sure somehow Karma might get us back, so I guess for that factor I can understand not playing 'dirty'...

But lets just say if he is in a boot by halftime I wouldn't be losing that much sleep over it :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:08 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I know where you're coming from fun gus. The push back due tot he Bounty scandal about "exploiting injuries" is kinda silly if you ask me. When Tony Romo broke his ribs at the beginning of 2011, and DeAngelo Hall said that the REdskins defenders would definitely target them and test that durability, no one really batted an eye lid. But now post-Bountygate, the mere idea that someone would strive to knock another player from a game is perceived as immoral (and it probably is) and downright despicable. That's how football has been always played. There is still no rule on the books that says a player should not or cannot try to knock another out of a game.

Now the minute you pay him for it, that's when everything goes haywire... :wink:

Profile E-mail