It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Reports of MT's demise perhaps a bit premature?"
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:00 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Quoting bnb here. How do others feel about this?

I have to say vs. Carolina, Turner looked like his old self. Getting yards after contact, dragging defenders, doing the things that starting RBs are supposed to do which is get more than what the blocking gives you.

Is it an indicator that the old Turner is back? Or is it just a one-game aberration going against one of the league's worst run defenses? Or do you split the difference and remain non-committal either way? :ninja:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: "Reports of MT's demise perhaps a bit premature?"
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:44 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

For now I think you split the middle. We've seen through most of his time here that he runs over the mid to low level D's, and struggles against better opponents. This was not one of the better opponents.

The game I'm really starting to raise an eyebrow to is the Cardinal game, just to see how our O ranks against one of the better D's we will face, and I have a feeling on that day we'll see a MT like we saw the first three games of this year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:39 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He did look like MT of old but the run that was the most surprsing to me was the short pass for the TD where no one could catch him. I thought the Burner was strictly the Churner now days but the DBs running after him did not really gain an inch. Michael has undoubtedly been reading his negative press and maybe that is motivating him some. The def need him and I was happy to see him get a degree of success. He's pretty much a straight up N/S runner so I am not sure why they have gotten into this thing of trying to bounce him outside so much. Not much of a cut back guy either. Too bad his hands are so bad for recieving.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:34 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Michael Turner could always run through holes......He's not very good about making something out of nothing.

It looks like Coach Smith did the right thing keeping him. His short pass T.D. did make
him look faster than I remember even though it was running in a straight line.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:58 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I posted almost the same thing I am about to post now, here last year in a similar thread, but hey f'it I'm bored. Turner's aging, in 2012 you will see 4-6 games were Turner looks very good, 4-6 average and 4-6 turd sandwich. As you age, consistency becomes an issue and this is the case here. Some weeks he will look borderline elite, other weeks D III college, let's face it, it's his last hurrah as a starter and we have a good team. Let's hope that the weeks his energy shows up are in close games like last week and that he looks slow as dirt in the blowout wins. Anything else is just a bonus.