It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Robert McClain
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:45 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I thought he looked decent last week in the slot. At least as capable as Franks has looked. This was a guy that looked bad in the first preseason. He did improve in subsequent games, but I had mostly written him off as J.A.G.

But maybe he could be developing into a good depth piece going forward. May just be a No. 4 corner, but a decent one.

The Falcons are expected to bring Chris Owens back into the lineup this week. I just don't get why the Falcons keep giving Owens opportunities in the slot. He showed nothing in 2010 and 2011 that says he can play there. Especially when you compare it to his play in 2009 and 2011 on the outside, it's like night and day. Franks was much better than Owens was inside last year, and I think Franks has done a solid job there as well this year.

Maybe Owens actually plays in the slot this week or going forward and does it well, but I think the Falcons shoudl be thinking that Owens is an outside corner that in a pinch can move inside. But he should be their 4th option as far as that goes in my eyes, behind some order that features McClain, Franks, and even Dunta.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/media-lou ... e833bc7d64

Profile E-mail