NFR: The Case for London Fletcher

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

NFR: The Case for London Fletcher

Postby Pudge » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:59 pm

I almost posted somethiing like this last week when all of the talk about Fletcher missing a start for the first time in like 230 games or whatever. But I do think Fletcher may be the most underrated of this era. And this article at AdvancedNFLStats from a few weeks ago sort of confirmed it. In showing how impactful Ray Lewis was over the past 12 years, I found it interesting that the No. 2 linebacker on that list wasn't Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, James Farrior. Or Joey Porter, it was Fletcher.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2012/10 ... s-era.html

Fletcher only has 2 Pro Bowls to his name but I think was held back from playing on some bad Bills teams for years (the same can be said about Takeo Spikes) in a conference where Lewis and Zach Thomas got the accolades.

Unfortunately I think Fletcher will ultimately be largely overlooked for lesser players similar to how Jessie Tuggle got robbed by not being named to the All-90s team, getting bumped by Levon Kirkland.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Re: NFR: The Case for London Fletcher

Postby backnblack » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Where's Brooking's name??? :evil:

Return to “The Huddle”