interesting practice team article

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

fun gus
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

interesting practice team article

Postby fun gus » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:58 am

"what if there were no hypothetical situations?"

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Re: interesting practice team article

Postby Pudge » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Good, long read.

I thought it was interesting that the article mentioned Chase Blackburn for the Giants, as that is the type of player that I think Schiller has a chance of growing into. A guy that can play all 3 LB positions, be mostly a career backup, but if push comes to shove, can serve as a stopgap starter for a couple of games. Blackburn has started 28 games over the past 5 seasons for the Giants, mainly as an injury replacement, and has never been a great player, but always serviceable.

Schiller was one of the undrafted players that stood out to me during preseason, and I was very happy to see the Falcons hold onto him. Thought he was able to make some plays, and unlike the other LBs was rarely out of position. He seemed to have picked up the scheme, and was aware of his assignments, not to mention his ability to make some plays on defense. If you were to ask me of all the guys on the practice squad, who stands the best odds of being with the Falcons 3 years from now, I'd put my money on Schiller.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

backnblack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby backnblack » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:12 am

Pudge wrote:Good, long read.

I thought it was interesting that the article mentioned Chase Blackburn for the Giants, as that is the type of player that I think Schiller has a chance of growing into. A guy that can play all 3 LB positions, be mostly a career backup, but if push comes to shove, can serve as a stopgap starter for a couple of games. Blackburn has started 28 games over the past 5 seasons for the Giants, mainly as an injury replacement, and has never been a great player, but always serviceable.

Schiller was one of the undrafted players that stood out to me during preseason, and I was very happy to see the Falcons hold onto him. Thought he was able to make some plays, and unlike the other LBs was rarely out of position. He seemed to have picked up the scheme, and was aware of his assignments, not to mention his ability to make some plays on defense. If you were to ask me of all the guys on the practice squad, who stands the best odds of being with the Falcons 3 years from now, I'd put my money on Schiller.

What are you talking about, P? That's about a third the length of one of your usual posts. :lol:

That was interesting. That last paragraph tells you all you need to know about roids and the mindset of these guys. It also really sickens you to think of a guy like this juxtaposed to a guy like Ray Edwards. The moral hazard of a big garanteed contract is huge. Living the dream....lotta ships crushed on those rocks.

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:40 pm

backnblack wrote:What are you talking about, P? That's about a third the length of one of your usual posts. :lol:

Initially I saw how many pages it was and almost didn't read it. But then I realized I subject you guys to that every day, so I figure I'll take my own medicine for once.
:mrgreen:
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Return to “The Huddle”