It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Worst coached game for Coach Smith.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:30 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I've never seen Coach Smith look this bad..... We played very good, but
every time we got something going we handed the ball to Turner.

It was about 13 carries for 15 yards did we really have to do that.... Rogers looked good on the outside but Tampa is great up the middle on defense.

I've never seen Coach Smith so afraid of losing a game. With about 2 minutes left in the first half we should have picked up the tempo and had plenty of time for about 4 extra time.

Jeez the ending call calling for a field goal was as bone headed as it gets,
their was .12 seconds left and we give them the ball at the 40? Crap a
field goal was never going to mean anything; they didn't have time to line up three more times. Giving them the football at the 40 was so Stupid. A Buc player could have made that play just as easy as anyone else.

I'm usually backing up Coach Smith but all those wasted series by giving the ball to Turner twice; not going for 7 points at half; we had time for 4 more plays if they we're so scared of Tampa getting the ball back, and the field goal with .12 seconds made me freak.

I usually understand Coach Smith's thinking but this was awful; we've got no run so we must run. This was Coach Smith's worst game as a Coach, they're is a difference in conservative and stupid.

We did win and Coach Smith should be given the game ball; with it labeled " Amazing to Coach this bad and win!!

Post subject: Re: Worst coached game for Coach Smith.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

:lol: There was some questionable stuff, no doubt...esp end of first half. It showed a lot of balls and perhaps not so much brains to say "We decided we needed to run the ball and I thought we could do it." Would be a good enough gamble if it didn't mean feeding Turner. It's sad to see him playing like he does now. It really is.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:57 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

yeah that was a head scratcher, for sure. The good thing is, ( and I may be wrong here ) I do feel that Mike Smith learns from his mistakes. Like throwing that flag last weekend, you know that will never happen again. And I kinda like the fact that he generally 'owns up' when he fails. Look at Andy Ried, Rex Ryan, these guys never admit when they screwup. And as boneheaded as Smith can be, imagine having this guy as your HC:

I dont know but everytime I see Joe Vitt, I cant help hearing Doc's voice in me head:

"When Matt Ryan hits #88...you're gonna see some srious sh*t!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFT7hNhop7w

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:43 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I agree for sure!! Most coaches just say screw you and move on.
Coach Smith will give good answers and sometimes they've practiced for a certain situation, and when it doesn't work it really looks bad.

Tip to Mike----Just put Turner on injured reserve and forget about him (:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:46 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cyril wrote:
I agree for sure!! Most coaches just say screw you and move on.
Coach Smith will give good answers and sometimes they've practiced for a certain situation, and when it doesn't work it really looks bad.

Tip to Mike----Just put Turner on injured reserve and forget about him (:

Bruised ego?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:07 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I'd like to put that last -8 yard run to take us out of FGR on Mike, but it was the OC who called it. Still, the decision to then try a FG when Bryant has started to look shaky of late and had already missed a FG inside 30 yards was so stupid it hurts. Not a fan of coaching in this one.

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:11 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

It's funny that Bryant is "shaky" when he's 10 of 13 on FGs in his last 3 games prior to that final kick.

First place problems? :wink:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:46 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
I'd like to put that last -8 yard run to take us out of FGR on Mike, but it was the OC who called it. Still, the decision to then try a FG when Bryant has started to look shaky of late and had already missed a FG inside 30 yards was so stupid it hurts. Not a fan of coaching in this one.

I think you have to put some of the -8 on Turner. He was running around, looping backward like Dominque Franks. It may have been a high risk kick but Smitty has been known to roll the dice for a kill shot or put everything on the line on one play (NO at the 30 last year) and has, as often as not, paid the price....in the short run. But players like having the game put into their hands to win or lose. Maybe that pays off in the long run. Bryant--prior to Sunday--has been about as steady as it gets. Granted, he has made some kicks of record in the Dome but that 55 yarder a few weeks back for the win was no gimme. Anyway, it all worked out. As Pudge says, first place problems.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:11 pm 
Starter
Starter

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:

My first problem with the end game sequence was Turner trying to look like Reggie bush at USC and run backwards. I guess he was going to use his speed and quickness to outrun everyone. Sarcasm off. My second problem (and this is a big one) was throwing the ball on third down. Yes I know it was a "safe" throw but wtf. An incompletion there and we probably punt and give them the ball back with 45 seconds left and a MUCH better chance of winning the game. It just seems to me that if we run and punt the football they are probably getting the ball on the 10 yard line with 6 seconds left. Probably a 1 percent chance of winning if that. I am not bashing Matt Bryant, he just had a bad game although I am slightly concerned about him. I think mike smith is a good coach he just screwed up this one.

Profile E-mail