It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Our trouble spot: Kicking game
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:30 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9417598

According to Pete Prisco, it's our most glaring trouble spot. And I 100% agree. We talk a lot about DT or backup safety and what not, but frankly kicker is the biggest weakness on this team. And it is a shame that the Falcons won't address it until it's too late.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:16 am 
Superstar
Superstar

You can count on Prisco to focus on any area in which the Falcons are weak. It looks like we'll lead the league in 4th down attempts this year.

Man,...all this pessimism is starting to get to me. I've already predicted a 10 win season, but after being scared of running backs, the kicking game sucks, Vick's gonna get hurt, oh so shallow at safety and right defensive end, a light O-line that can't protect the passer, a small RB and a backup that was awful last season, a coach that blows his cool too often, an O-coordinator that has shown dubious play calling,...and now the kicking game is gonna be awful,...we'll be lucky to break even this year.

McKay did indeed say he's leaning towards having one guy, Koenan, to do both duties. I agree Pudge, I don't like the looks of this either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:14 am 

If you don't like the common mood on this board don't read the posts. For whatever reason people whining about people whining about the Falcons bugs the crap out of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:02 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

this has been the best offseason for the Falcons that i can ever remember. and that includes the year we traded up to get Vick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:20 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

dirtybirdnw wrote:
If you don't like the common mood on this board don't read the posts. For whatever reason people whining about people whining about the Falcons bugs the crap out of me.

A moderator posts something like this? I suggest if you don't like my posts, YOU don't have to read them okay? Dwell in your muck but don't expect me to join you.

Awwww, whining now that certain people bug you? Who's whining now?

Agreed GSU, there's lots to look forward to,...if ya just look. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:33 pm 

PB21 wrote:
dirtybirdnw wrote:

A moderator posts something like this? I suggest if you don't like my posts, YOU don't have to read them okay? Dwell in your muck but don't expect me to join you.

Dwell in my own muck? I am nothing but optimisitic for the up coming season after the moves we've made this offseason. I typically am nothing but optimisitic for the Falcons each offseason. Do i think the football gods hate us? Yes.

Just because I got on your case about people not being optimistic doesn't mean that I myself am not optimistic. Assumptions are bad.

And the fact that I am a moderate doesn't mean anything. I don't delete threads of the same kind and I won't do so in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:01 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

dirtybirdnw wrote:

So, if i think the "Common Mood" on this board was whining, then would you be bugged the crap out of at this board? Because all i have been reading the past few weeks (From the usually good post-ers) has been whine whine whine, doubt doubt doubt, fear fear fear,...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:50 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I still do not understand why everyone is so worried. I personally cannot wait for the upcoming season. I think we have made some good moves and have solidified our defense pretty good with the exception of some backups. On offense, we have basically the same team but with another year together hopefully some better chemistry. I really think we have one of the best DLs in teh league, solid LBs, and an upgraded secondary from last year. Plus last year we had injuries and just a horrible end to our season. Even if everyone is whining, I am still optimistic and do not understand why everyone is so down on our team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:14 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I still do not understand why everyone is so worried. I personally cannot wait for the upcoming season.

this has been the best offseason for the Falcons that i can ever remember.

- Ditto for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:16 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i look at it as if you don't like what has been done, get a bowl of ice cream, find a nice warm blanket, turn off all your lights, close the blinds, ball up on the couch, and watch in amazement how things are gonna improve...and quit whining on here. i think i've read the same crappy opinions from the same people 7,000 times since the season ended. we can't tell how bad the Abraham trade is- or how soon he is gonna get hurt- until the season starts, so quit echoing it over and over. as negative as this sounds, it's actually me trying to be positive. i think we made huge strides since last year, and with every move, we get better. why can't everyone see that?? honestly, was Brady Smith that much better of a DE than Abraham?? to me Abe is a huge upgrade. and i'm not even going after our safties...

Smile B!tches!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:51 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

the only thing I am worried about is being able to stop the run...if we can do that then we are money....

and as far as all the bitching and moaning, well it's the offseason and there is nothing going on....some people are optimist, some are pessimists, and when you have both sides talking at once people are going to get pissy.....

things will straighten up once the season starts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:16 pm 

mickvick302 wrote:
dirtybirdnw wrote:

So, if i think the "Common Mood" on this board was whining, then would you be bugged the crap out of at this board? Because all i have been reading the past few weeks (From the usually good post-ers) has been whine whine whine, doubt doubt doubt, fear fear fear,...

Interesting comment. I don't read posts on this board that I percieve as whining about any topic. For the most part what I've read is largely people being cautious about a team that in the past has been unable to keep things together for two straight seasons at any point in franchise history. We have plenty of reason to be cautious about this team because of franchise history.

I don't think we have anything to be overly concerned about going into this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:10 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

We have a BETTER team going into this season than we did last year.

Am I scared of what could happen to us?.....no. I will not cower to the what if this happens, what if that happens....

Grow up people! Grow a Pair!

We are going to have a great season and it's going to be exciting a week at a time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:10 am 

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but we had a better team going into 2005 than we did in 2004! In a given off-season, all but a few teams improve. If things go according to plan, the Falcons have a great shot at being the NFC's rep in the Super Bowl. But things rarely go to plan for the Falcons. So don't mind me when I'm not ready to outright predict or guarantee a divison or conference title for this team. We've improved significantly, but so did the Panthers, Saints, Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, and Cardinals. I don't believe it's going to be any easier to find success, in fact I think it's goign to be much harder this year than it was a year ago.

I expect the Falcons to win 9 or 10 games this year and make it at least to the 2nd round of the playoffs. But if managed to win only 7 games this year, it wouldn't come as a complete surprise to me. I'm taking a optimistic, yet cautious wait and see attitude with this team. Because whenever I get my hopes up, they disappoint me terribly.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:08 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I think everyone should look at the upcoming season like this. We all thought and we should have had a winning season last year but we didnt... a curse ofsome sort? who knows but they jsut can't seem to get back to back winning seasons. So anyways, we got last season's even record outta the way... now this year we can have a winning season and make the playoffs like we have every other year since we got Vick.