It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tired of Peter King
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:49 pm 

This is probably the 3rd time that Peter King has completely written the Falcons off for dead and spoke almost like the game has been played and is over or that we shouldn't bother playing the game.

Most the media has been acting like this since the Falcons made it into the playoffs (granted the first go around it had merit):

King Quote

5. The bell tolls for whom? This is Ray Lewis' last season, and so he may be playing his last game. This is probably Tony Gonzalez's last season, and he may be playing his last game. It's not often we might say goodbye to two of the all-timers at their positions on the same day.

Seriously dude? I get you have a hard on for Brady and Kaepernick but maybe you should let these teams play before we begin contemplating who may or may not be finishing their career on Sunday.

Post subject: Re: Tired of Peter King
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:53 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I don't see him saying that that day is Sunday. There's a 50% chance that their seasons end on the same day: 25% this weekend, 25% in the Superbowl. Unless there's more to this quote than you have provided, the bias is in your head.

Also, while we all may rejoice in King going 1/4 last weekend, if you are going to to excoriate him for picking against ATL this weekend, you're going to have to yell at most of the media, Vegas, and the vast majority of betting Americans.

SF is the favorite: that's a mix of SF's good game last week, SEA's 4th quarter, ATL,s 4th quarter, and Dom Capers' career ending. Peter King doesn't factor in.

Post subject: Re: Tired of Peter King
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Excoriate. Good word, had to actually look that one up. :up:

Look I agree with samedi, I don't think this is King's bias, but just pointing out the most likely scenario. While I think the Falcons are going to win, if I wasn't a Falcon fan I wouldn't think that. And if you had asked me that question 2 weeks ago, I wouldn't even think that. Only 2 of the 14 ESPN "experts" picked the Falcons (Mort & Keyshawn).

Profile E-mail