It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tired of Peter King
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:49 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 4378
Location: Vancouver, WA
This is probably the 3rd time that Peter King has completely written the Falcons off for dead and spoke almost like the game has been played and is over or that we shouldn't bother playing the game.

Most the media has been acting like this since the Falcons made it into the playoffs (granted the first go around it had merit):

King Quote

5. The bell tolls for whom? This is Ray Lewis' last season, and so he may be playing his last game. This is probably Tony Gonzalez's last season, and he may be playing his last game. It's not often we might say goodbye to two of the all-timers at their positions on the same day.

Seriously dude? I get you have a hard on for Brady and Kaepernick but maybe you should let these teams play before we begin contemplating who may or may not be finishing their career on Sunday.

_________________
Fear the BEARD!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tired of Peter King
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:53 pm 
Offline
Playmaker
Playmaker
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:46 am
Posts: 445
Location: Vacaville, CA
I don't see him saying that that day is Sunday. There's a 50% chance that their seasons end on the same day: 25% this weekend, 25% in the Superbowl. Unless there's more to this quote than you have provided, the bias is in your head.

Also, while we all may rejoice in King going 1/4 last weekend, if you are going to to excoriate him for picking against ATL this weekend, you're going to have to yell at most of the media, Vegas, and the vast majority of betting Americans.

SF is the favorite: that's a mix of SF's good game last week, SEA's 4th quarter, ATL,s 4th quarter, and Dom Capers' career ending. Peter King doesn't factor in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tired of Peter King
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:59 am 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 25564
Location: North Carolina
Excoriate. Good word, had to actually look that one up. :up:

Look I agree with samedi, I don't think this is King's bias, but just pointing out the most likely scenario. While I think the Falcons are going to win, if I wasn't a Falcon fan I wouldn't think that. And if you had asked me that question 2 weeks ago, I wouldn't even think that. Only 2 of the 14 ESPN "experts" picked the Falcons (Mort & Keyshawn).

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: