It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: get this guy in the 4th if he is there?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:17 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013RB.php

Mike Gillislee

Gillislee had a superb senior season for the Gators. He averaged 4.7 yards per carry while amassing 1,1152 yards and 10 touchdowns. Gillislee played hurt, yet helped push Florida to a tough road win against Texas A&M. He had impressive games against Tennessee, Bowling Green and LSU, too. He closed out the regular season by destroying Florida State to the tune of 140 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries.

The senior has speed and deceptive power. Gillislee is very impressive as a blocker in blitz protection. He really helped his draft stock in 2012 and followed it up with a good performance at the Senior Bowl. Gillislee ripped off some long runs in Mobile.

Height: 5-11. Weight: 207. Arm: 30 3/4. Hand: 8 3/4.
Projected 40 Time: 4.42.
Projected Round (2013): 2-4.

Post subject: Re: get this guy in the 4th if he is there?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:07 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

If he's there and ATL still hasn't grabbed a back? Sure.

I don't see the leadership notes ATL usually looks for and he has smaller hands, which can suggest ball security issues and receiving issues.

1K yards isn't exactly impressive at college, and "playing hurt" should send up concerns about TD's propensity for drafting without much concern to injury histories (Baker, Moore, Jerry).

Yeah, maybe? I'd like them to have a RB from the draft/CFA ranks, but you're talking about a guy that will be on the field for 30-40% of the time, so no biggie, unless someone great falls. DL and RG are much, much bigger issues in my eyes, and TE/WR3 will be if Gonzo goes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:17 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

samedi wrote:
If he's there and ATL still hasn't grabbed a back? Sure.

I don't see the leadership notes ATL usually looks for and he has smaller hands, which can suggest ball security issues and receiving issues.

1K yards isn't exactly impressive at college, and "playing hurt" should send up concerns about TD's propensity for drafting without much concern to injury histories (Baker, Moore, Jerry).

Yeah, maybe? I'd like them to have a RB from the draft/CFA ranks, but you're talking about a guy that will be on the field for 30-40% of the time, so no biggie, unless someone great falls. DL and RG are much, much bigger issues in my eyes, and TE/WR3 will be if Gonzo goes.

I disagree. This guy played in the SEC, for one. So it's not like he's coming from the Montana Grizzlies.

And, he played at Florida, and from what I can tell, didn't do anything 'wrong' there. I hate to say it, but that's gotta be a 'plus' right?

I say get this guy, have him platoon with Snelling/Quizz, problem solved ( for this year ) :ninja:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:00 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I'm not the one drafting captains, TD is :D . I don't know that "SEC" or "Florida" are the as "leadership" to TD, but I do know that TD has drafted more Montana players than Florida (colleges, not states) players.

Again, relative value. If there's nothing else interesting around him, or if a run on running (hah) backs devalues later choices, then maybe. I can see TD do that, as he reaches a little: G's combine performance hasn't elevated him, though his hands seem to have gotten larger.