It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Grimes signs with Miami
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:52 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

1 yr, $5.5 million, $3 million guaranteed.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/3 ... 1037697024

Good deal for the Dolphins.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Grimes signs with Miami
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:54 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Fun Gus is somewhere dancing in his kitchen. This is a depressing day. I leave everyone with a great 5 minute video of Grimes best days in Atlanta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKr3ViCiXps

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:55 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

"If the little man quit, then he ain't worth sh*t"

http://www.atlantafieldreport.com/236/b ... nst-giants

so, the Falcons thought so little of Grimes, they couldn't come up with 3 mil? doesn't that tell you something?

:ninja:

mark my words: sometime this week, someone in the media is going to leak the 'bad blood' facts.

and when Grimes gets injured this year ( will happen, book it ) Im gonna come back here and 'remind' everyone how wise TD was not to overpay a poor teammate. :up:

:mrgreen:

Last edited by fun gus on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:58 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

I wonder if we could get Desmond Trufant at #30 and the Honey Badger late in the 3-4th? :up:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:47 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

If Grimes picks off Ryan this year in the regular season game, you'll hear it from me first Fun Gus. As much as this stinks, we got to move on. At least he'll be in the AFC, which is a plus. Hopefully, Abraham can come back to help rebuild my heart. Too many of my favorite Falcons are leaving the team.

R.I.P 2013 season

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:56 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Emmitt wrote:
If Grimes picks off Ryan this year in the regular season game, you'll hear it from me first Fun Gus. As much as this stinks, we got to move on. At least he'll be in the AFC, which is a plus. Hopefully, Abraham can come back to help rebuild my heart. Too many of my favorite Falcons are leaving the team.

if he really did sit himself, I bet Matt Ryan will target him all day long with Julio and Roddy. All. Day. Long. He will get abused.

That is, if he's healthy enough to make it on the field. 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:55 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Grimes aside, we are now super thin at corner and have no money left without reworking deals. Our offense will be sick this year, but our Defense is going to be s***....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:48 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Based on the way both parties acted Grimes or the Falcons didn't care about working together again. This is not a surprise to me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:55 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

DaveWaz wrote:
Grimes aside, we are now super thin at corner and have no money left without reworking deals. Our offense will be sick this year, but our Defense is going to be s***....

I will get flamed for this, but does Grimes leaving REALLY hurt us so bad? He was a non-factor in our last two playoff games. We were one fumbled snap away from the Superbowl. McClain (I believe) is ready to take that 'next step'. We pick up a CB in the first or second round that can contribute, and as long a Samuels stays healthy, it's addition by subtraction.

cue Pudge in 3...2...1.... 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:14 pm 

Maybe it is sour grapes but I don't think losing Grimes is a big deal at all.

Grimes is in the twilight of his career coming off of an Achilles injury. We can sign one of many qualified veterans still available to fill his roles and most of them are not coming off of a career threatening injury. The only reason anyone is worried is due to lack of depth at the corner position. If Atlanta can get a good pass rushing DE out of the top of this upcoming draft and sign a quality veteran corner this team will be just fine and no worse than last year.

$3 million is expensive for a DB that might not even start.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:12 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I don't think its addition by subtraction, but Grimes needs to be able to jump high.

Since I don't need facts to support opinions I do think their was bad blood, I saw Coach
Smith jump on Grimes for letting our opponents complete a pass two years ago; and as
Coach was blasting him, I could read Grimes lips and he said "we need a pass rush",
and Coach Smith knocked his helmet (that he was holding ) out of his hand.

Now this may not mean anything; and I won't be surprised if Grimes has a decent year
next year, nor will I be surprised if he gets hurt. Did the Falcons even talk to Grimes about a new contract?? I have no thoughts about what started the bad feelings, (I would wants facts or info, for that) but I think its obvious The Falcons wanted to move on without him..... I wish him well in Miami, it only matters if he was still going to be productive; and that's just a guess. It seems like forever since he was on the field.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:29 pm 

Good points Cyril. But it seems like to me people are acting like Grimes is going to fall off a cliff. He may not be the player he was pre-injury, but its not like he's going to be Jason Webster all of a sudden. Whatever his skill level moving forward that had some value, and I'm disappointed the Falcons seemed to make little effort to keep him at that value.

The Falcons may very well draft a good corner this April that will make us forget about Grimes. Or they could draft another Chris Houston that won't. We shall see...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:37 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I was one of the earliest and biggest BG fans but they did OK last year without him. The combo of losing both he and Dunta--not to mention Owens--is a little unsettling. They must feel pretty good about McLain (who I also was an early and big fan of). Brent from the outset had a lot of freakish ability in terms of body control and leaping ability not to mention good hands. I think he will ultimately recover from the injury although the guy I work with every day tore his a couple years back and says he can still feel that thing. Granted, he is older and healing is a slower process as the years pass. But I didn't see breaking the bank for Grimes. Interesting anecdote about the sidelines, CF. A lot of that is heat of the moment stuff but, as they say, sports don't build character they reveal character. I'm glad BG got his big pay day because he was a classic NFL under dog but, really, have a little more class, Brent (Miko). Still a big fan. :up: